Misdemeanor DUI?

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Re: Misdemeanor DUI?

Postby JMJ Farms » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:12 pm

Son of Butch wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:
Son of Butch wrote:Who was he intending to kill?
Maybe we should have professionals pass judgement and not just any rum-dum off the street... we could call them
Judges.

Ok. I’ve got it figured out. Felony DUI with an unintentional attempted murder in the 1st degree.
Most judges and lawyers are simply master manipulators of laws. Bend it till it breaks. :tiphat:

You are right all other humans would behave perfectly compared to judges and lawyers.

Before you apply to be a judge and start 'throwing the book' at 'em.
murder 1 carries a max of death penalty or in some states life without parole
murder 2 carries a max of life in prison
unintentional murder is involuntary manslaughter.
Hitting a trash can is called property damage. But if you want to bend it to murder 1 have at it, but understand you're
no better than the lawyers you call master manipulators of laws.

You kind of dissected my post and picked certain parts there Butch :lol2: I was mostly joking around. But I was serious about my opinion that he should be charged with more than misdemeanor DUI. I don’t even know if the law allows more. I just feel that DUI and misdemeanor shouldn’t be in the same sentence. That doesn’t make me right. It’s just my opinion. And I was serious about the judges and lawyers part. :tiphat:
2 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:41 pm

misdemeanor and felony property damage is based on $ value

Judges use pre-sentence investigative reports to find the facts of a case, not news articles which may or may not be
exaggerated and many on here even refer to as 'fake' news, yet want murder charges dxnm the facts, according to
their whim by skimming an article.
0 x

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:03 pm

Up in arms about wanting a guy hitting trash cans to be charged with murder 1.

Meanwhile ex Mpls cop Mohamad Noor is walking free more than a year after killing that Australian woman, despite
having been indited on 3rd degree felony murder and 2nd degree manslaughter charges 6 months ago..... with who
knows when he'll ever face a trial date and justice.
0 x

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:39 am

For the record, Butch, I was not saying he should be charged with attempted murder. It does not fit the facts. I do think that when you drive with a BAC that high, it is only sheer dumb luck that no one got killed or seriously injured.
You don't need to overcharge on DUI; we just need to make the penalty phase tougher. No way should a DUI be a slap on the wrist.
0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:21 am

I don't know about murder but it should be a felony. along with other intentional and dangerous behavior while driving..........like texting, eating, putting on makeup. and speeding.
1 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:33 am

callmefence wrote:I don't know about murder but it should be a felony. along with other intentional and dangerous behavior while driving..........like texting, eating, putting on makeup. and speeding.

And slow pokes driving in the passing lane. How about smoking and dipping? Those two are dangerous.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:40 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
callmefence wrote:I don't know about murder but it should be a felony. along with other intentional and dangerous behavior while driving..........like texting, eating, putting on makeup. and speeding.

And slow pokes driving in the passing lane. How about smoking and dipping? Those two are dangerous.

Agreed .
Slow pokes being driving well beyond the speed limit.
Also not having your load properly secured.
1 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Boot Jack Bulls
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Boot Jack Bulls » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:00 pm

JMJ Farms wrote:
Son of Butch wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:
Ok. I’ve got it figured out. Felony DUI with an unintentional attempted murder in the 1st degree.
Most judges and lawyers are simply master manipulators of laws. Bend it till it breaks. :tiphat:

You are right all other humans would behave perfectly compared to judges and lawyers.

Before you apply to be a judge and start 'throwing the book' at 'em.
murder 1 carries a max of death penalty or in some states life without parole
murder 2 carries a max of life in prison
unintentional murder is involuntary manslaughter.
Hitting a trash can is called property damage. But if you want to bend it to murder 1 have at it, but understand you're
no better than the lawyers you call master manipulators of laws.

You kind of dissected my post and picked certain parts there Butch :lol2: I was mostly joking around. But I was serious about my opinion that he should be charged with more than misdemeanor DUI. I don’t even know if the law allows more. I just feel that DUI and misdemeanor shouldn’t be in the same sentence. That doesn’t make me right. It’s just my opinion. And I was serious about the judges and lawyers part. :tiphat:

In WI, First offense in DUI in WI is a TRAFFIC offense only....no jail time, pay and go.... crimes committed while DUI may mitigate that though....ie homicide by intoxicated use of a motor vehicle (we do not have a "manslaughter" statute). Property damage while DUI would result in a traffic citation and forfeiture.
0 x
Boot Jack Cattle LLC & Boot Jack Boers

snoopdog
Rancher
Rancher

Postby snoopdog » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:21 pm

I never understood the premise that it's ok to drink and drive, but you can only have "this much". I've done stupid things when I was younger , and hurt myself , thankfully no one else .
0 x
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”