Anyone hunt with the 6.5 Creedmoore?

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
SALTBRANCH2
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: Anyone hunt with the 6.5 Creedmoore?

Postby SALTBRANCH2 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:39 pm

[/quote]
Open sites and me don't get along anymore. I need a scope, and a scope on a 30-30 defeats the purpose of carrying one.[/quote]

I hear ya, its getting tougher for me. I have been toying with the idea of putting a red dot scope on one of 30-30's. I think it would work good for fast target acquisition.
0 x

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:19 am

sim.-ang.king wrote:
Dave wrote:I still wonder how they managed to kill deer when all they had was a 30-30.

I heard some horror stories of blood shot meat from a 6.5. Not that I have witnessed, just stories I have heard.

There are some out there that plink deer with a 22lr.

First it was the 30-06
Then it was the 308
Then the 300 blackout
Now it's the 6.5
I wonder what they will hype next as the "hot" "new" "killin machine"?

I've taken bear out with a single shot Cooey .22 when I had to.. 2 year old black bear not a grizzly. I have better tools now.
0 x
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:19 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
jltrent wrote:
SALTBRANCH2 wrote:30-30's are just about the best all around and my overall favorite , especially after the Hornady leverlution came out. I have several and bought both my boys 1 each. I have 30-06, 300 Win Mag and 300 Weatherby mags, all great shooters. The 6.5 is my new toy to play with. Some cool vids on YouTube showing some impressive long range shots at paper/steel targets.
I bought a couple boxes of the Hornady LEVERevolution 30-30 Ammunition and tried it in my Win 30-30. It didn't seem very far behind my 06 all around.

Look at the reviews...................

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10017 ... -box-of-20

Open sites and me don't get along anymore. I need a scope, and a scope on a 30-30 defeats the purpose of carrying one.
I have a side mount scope on it and it works pretty good, but looks pretty sheety on it.
0 x

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”