Kentucky 28 - (14) Miss State 7. This is crazy!

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Kentucky 28 - (14) Miss State 7. This is crazy!

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:41 am

This is turning out to be one of the wettest years on record in Kentucky. Spring was like winter. Fall is like spring. Highest precipitation in February in history. Last night September was setting in fourth place for wettest September. It is pouring down and is suppose to rain every day through Thursday. So it is going to be the wettest September in Kentucky on record.

The ides are falling on us this year. A very inauspicious year.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Re: Kentucky 28 - (14) Miss State 7. This is crazy!

Postby jltrent » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:42 am

Kentucky may win the east.
0 x

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:10 pm

This season is pretty wild. Old Dominion won over Va. Tech. Texas got itself back into the top 25. BYU is ranked again. Syracuse is looking pretty strong (for them at least). I hope it stays this exciting. We might have someone in the playoffs other than Alabama or THE Ohio State.
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:55 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:This season is pretty wild. Old Dominion won over Va. Tech. Texas got itself back into the top 25. BYU is ranked again. Syracuse is looking pretty strong (for them at least). I hope it stays this exciting. We might have someone in the playoffs other than Alabama or THE Ohio State.

Bama will be there. This I can tell you.
3 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:57 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:This season is pretty wild. Old Dominion won over Va. Tech. Texas got itself back into the top 25. BYU is ranked again. Syracuse is looking pretty strong (for them at least). I hope it stays this exciting. We might have someone in the playoffs other than Alabama or THE Ohio State.

Yep. I agree. They’ve been on top or close to it for a while now. I’m not a Saban fan. He may be a great guy but he acts like a butthole on TV. BUT, he would be welcome to coach my team anytime. The numbers don’t lie. He very well may be the best ever.
3 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:19 am

JMJ Farms wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:

Yep. I agree. They’ve been on top or close to it for a while now. I’m not a Saban fan. He may be a great guy but he acts like a butthole on TV. BUT, he would be welcome to coach my team anytime. The numbers don’t lie. He very well may be the best ever.

He needs a cape b/c he's a super butthole. I'm sure hoping they have a hiccup and somehow miss the cut. Wisconsin managed to do it, so can Bama! Roll Tide and fall!
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:10 am

Bestoutwest wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:

He needs a cape b/c he's a super butthole. I'm sure hoping they have a hiccup and somehow miss the cut. Wisconsin managed to do it, so can Bama! Roll Tide and fall!

Best. I am not a sports fan but I lurk. I don't watch games but for some reason, I do watch sports news and read.

Why is he a butthole? Dang it. He is doing what he is paid to do. He is not auditioning for " Mr. CONGENIALITY". I still say most of the dislike for him is "sour grapes".
1 x
Diogenes.

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:42 pm

Bright Raven wrote:Best. I am not a sports fan but I lurk. I don't watch games but for some reason, I do watch sports news and read.

Why is he a butthole? Dang it. He is doing what he is paid to do. He is not auditioning for " Mr. CONGENIALITY". I still say most of the dislike for him is "sour grapes".

I understand "passion" and getting upset when things don't go your way during sports. I've played, watched, been a ref, etc. There isn't a place in sports for just undressing someone verbally b/c they made a mistake in a game. Unless it's life or death (ex. war, trauma room, OR when someone is crapping out), there's no need for screaming at someone. Just because there's big money involved doesn't make it excusable.

As for the sour grapes, in the grand scheme of the universe who cares who wins at throwing a leather covered air bladder on Saturday or Sunday. I have no team. No skin in the game. But I enjoy watching a coach that coaches by lifting players up than tearing them down. Washington's Chris Peterson is a good example. Pete Carroll is another.

Here's a good example.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX-JGDBd4ls
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:48 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:Best. I am not a sports fan but I lurk. I don't watch games but for some reason, I do watch sports news and read.

I understand "passion" and getting upset when things don't go your way during sports. I've played, watched, been a ref, etc. There isn't a place in sports for just undressing someone verbally b/c they made a mistake in a game. Unless it's life or death (ex. war, trauma room, OR when someone is crapping out), there's no need for screaming at someone. Just because there's big money involved doesn't make it excusable.

As for the sour grapes, in the grand scheme of the universe who cares who wins at throwing a leather covered air bladder on Saturday or Sunday. I have no team. No skin in the game. But I enjoy watching a coach that coaches by lifting players up than tearing them down. Washington's Chris Peterson is a good example. Pete Carroll is another.

Here's a good example.

Best. I don't have a problem with his behavior in that clip. When you are paid what he is to win, that goes with the territory. If that is what is fueling his success, more power to him.
0 x
Diogenes.

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:23 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:

Here's a good example.

Best. I don't have a problem with his behavior in that clip. When you are paid what he is to win, that goes with the territory. If that is what is fueling his success, more power to him.

At what salary level is it acceptable to treat people like that? Where’s the cutoff when you aren’t supposed to do that?
2 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:30 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:

Here's a good example.

At what salary level is it acceptable to treat people like that? Where’s the cutoff when you aren’t supposed to do that?

Are you tellin me you never had a boss chew your azz out? I would say it gets worse at lower pay levels. Lol
0 x
Diogenes.

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:36 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:[quote="Bright Raven

Are you tellin me you never had a boss chew your azz out? I would say it gets worse at lower pay levels. Lol

I have, and it was undeserved. I should have quit, but I wasn’t as ballsy as I am today. I have also been yelled at by MDs, PHDs and patients who were lucky their brain continued the breathing response. I will stand by my original assessment that unless it’s life or death, there’s no reason the yell at someone.
0 x

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:55 pm

There was a helluva lot more going on between Kiffin and Saban at that time than just a crap play call that resulted in a fumble. Tensions were high behind the scenes.
Saban is the top of the food chain in college football. Strong type A personalities have little to no patience for anything less than perfection. It's why his team's are consistently elite. I played my high school ball for a similar type of coach. He remains one of the winningest coaches in Indiana HS football history and he's been dead for almost 20 years. The fact is this type of behavior correlates to high level accountability which correlates to success. It has worked effectively for centuries in military training also. It's never fun to be the recipient.
As far as life and death goes, football in Alabama. Nuff said! :P
3 x
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are. -Anais Nin
Happy people build their inner world; unhappy people blame their outer world. -Dalai Lama

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:18 pm

I don't follow sports AT ALL, but if the ends always justify the means, I want no part of it. I've spent my life around narcissists and can't stand them... I'm not stupid, I know when I screwed up.

Big question, how is he when things are going well? Is he still an arse.. There has to be balance and reward.. You might be able to beat a dog into obeying, but it's unlikely to be a loyal dog.
0 x
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:24 pm

Nesikep wrote:I don't follow sports AT ALL, but if the ends always justify the means, I want no part of it. I've spent my life around narcissists and can't stand them... I'm not stupid, I know when I screwed up.

Big question, how is he when things are going well? Is he still an arse.. There has to be balance and reward.. You might be able to beat a dog into obeying, but it's unlikely to be a loyal dog.

My good friend, they pay these guys to WIN. That is what they pay them to do. The only things they cannot do is get caught cheating or beating their wives.
2 x
Diogenes.

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”