Big buck haven

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Big buck haven

Postby skyhightree1 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:22 pm

Nosey
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:15 pm

Built this morning

2 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:04 pm

ohiosteve wrote:A good friend just got this one at my place about an hour ago.

The drop tine would make it hard to pass that one up.
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:23 am

Very nice
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:29 pm

Killed a 6 pntr thought it was bigger it was having a stare down competition with the bear beside me and I rushed and shot if it was bear season id killed bear
0 x

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:41 pm

What was the bear doing beside you? Did you quit running deer with dogs and go to using bears instead? Bears might do good running deer but they will cost you a small fortune feeding them.
2 x

ez14.
GURU
GURU

Postby ez14. » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:49 pm

Dave wrote:What was the bear doing beside you? Did you quit running deer with dogs and go to using bears instead? Bears might do good running deer but they will cost you a small fortune feeding them.

He needs to get better at concealing his bear when he's not running it
1 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:23 am

Dave wrote:What was the bear doing beside you? Did you quit running deer with dogs and go to using bears instead? Bears might do good running deer but they will cost you a small fortune feeding them.

:lol2: there's so many here now it's ridiculous he came to where I sprayed deer scent I have no idea why. He weighs a good 400+# if I get bored next week I might shoot it. I agree on feeding as they put a hurting on my fruit trees and corn.
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:09 pm

0 x
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:17 pm

Did your friend used to play Adam on the TV show Northern Exposure?

0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:59 pm

I could have shot three different big bucks today from my back porch but some idiot went and closed deer season over a month ago.

The son of my old hunting partner sent me a picture today. He lives in Washington where deer hunter success is about 20% and the elk success rate is about 10%. He shot a dandy 5x5 bull elk with a muzzle loader in early October. His 15 year old son shot real good buck opening day and then a bear that afternoon. The next week his wife shot a real good blacktail buck. Then opening of rifle elk season the son shot a 4x4 bull. I was giving him a bad time about not having freezer space but that he still had a deer tag. Today was the first day in late buck season. The picture he sent was him with a mature buck. That was a clean sweep. No tags left in that family....... or freezer space.
0 x

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”