Le'Veon Bell

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Le'Veon Bell

Postby Bestoutwest » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:06 am

I can't believe he threw away $14,000,000+ this year. That's a lot of 0's behind that 14. I had heard that he was throwing away $850,000~ a week. So in two weeks he's making more than a lot of folks will make in their lifetime, and it's not enough money? Dan-m, I wish I had this problem....
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Re: Le'Veon Bell

Postby ga.prime » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:48 pm

I reckon he's feeling real proud of his self.
2 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:02 pm

He was getting the franchise tag from Pittsburgh which is only a one year contract. A major injury and he is done, with that being all the money he gets. He has talent and one of the best in the league right now as he will get a three year contract or more with a pile of money up front next year from some team as he is only 25 years old and in his prime. I don't blame him as Pittsburgh wasn't going to pay him long term.
0 x

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:22 pm

jltrent wrote:He was getting the franchise tag from Pittsburgh which is only a one year contract. A major injury and he is done, with that being all the money he gets. He has talent and one of the best in the league right now as he will get a three year contract or more with a pile of money up front next year from some team as he is only 25 years old and in his prime. I don't blame him as Pittsburgh wasn't going to pay him long term.

He is MASSIVELY talented, I won't take that away from him. But he's also a BIG distraction, and we all see how well Kaepernick did for himself after he backed out of his deal with the 49er's and became a big distraction. I get what you're saying about him getting an injury, but the team has to take that risk, too. They give him a guarantee of $30M, plus more, and what happens when he gets hurt in the first week? Look at Dez Bryant? We see that stuff all the time in the NFL.
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:15 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:
jltrent wrote:He was getting the franchise tag from Pittsburgh which is only a one year contract. A major injury and he is done, with that being all the money he gets. He has talent and one of the best in the league right now as he will get a three year contract or more with a pile of money up front next year from some team as he is only 25 years old and in his prime. I don't blame him as Pittsburgh wasn't going to pay him long term.

He is MASSIVELY talented, I won't take that away from him. But he's also a BIG distraction, and we all see how well Kaepernick did for himself after he backed out of his deal with the 49er's and became a big distraction. I get what you're saying about him getting an injury, but the team has to take that risk, too. They give him a guarantee of $30M, plus more, and what happens when he gets hurt in the first week? Look at Dez Bryant? We see that stuff all the time in the NFL.

The reason Kaepernick is not in the NFL is because of talent, if he was a top quarterback somebody would take a chance on him. Bell is good and IMO somebody will pay him. The only thing is maybe attitude or something on that line will not help.
1 x

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:12 pm

jltrent wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:

The reason Kaepernick is not in the NFL is because of talent, if he was a top quarterback somebody would take a chance on him. Bell is good and IMO somebody will pay him. The only thing is maybe attitude or something on that line will not help.

The problem with Kaepernick is that he’s not good enough for the money he wants. He’s good, but not Tier I good.
0 x

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:40 am

Bestoutwest wrote:
jltrent wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:

The problem with Kaepernick is that he’s not good enough for the money he wants. He’s good, but not Tier I good.

The side show doesn't help either.
1 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:09 am

Look at Dez Bryant? We see that stuff all the time in the NFL.

Houston...........JJ Watts........Deshaun Watson.........Osweiller (well the last one didn't get hurt, he just left any talent he may have had at his previous employer's locker room)
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:38 pm

Heard on the radio this morning that he was offered $30M guaranteed, plus a third year at $12M? At this point I kind of think he's stupid. I don't care what would the long term effects would be, I'd gladly play football for three seasons for $42M.
0 x

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”