scopes

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
BRYANT
GURU
GURU

scopes

Post by BRYANT » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:39 pm

What would be a decent scope for a Ruger 223 bolt action youth model?
I would like something that will hold up to riding 365 days a year in the PU, on the four wheeler, or tied to the saddle. Its going on my PU gun so I don't want to break the bank on something that is real expensive. any ideas ???
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Re: scopes

Post by JMJ Farms » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:06 pm

I’d probably vote for one of the “cheaper” Leupolds. Like a VariX2, or better would be a VariX3 If it’s fits your budget. I have a Trijicon that I absolutely love. Best low light scope that I’ve ever looked through. Paid about $800 for it. That’s a lot for me. Cheap to others. I still have a Swarovski on my wish list.
Last edited by JMJ Farms on Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Until we remember that the left wing and the right wing belong to the same bird and we come together as a nation then this country is in for more turmoil - Jogeephus

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Post by Caustic Burno » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:08 pm

I am Vortex fan.
When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat. Ronald Reagan

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Post by jltrent » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:22 pm

Here is a pretty nice Vortex Diamondback reasonable that they except offers on.......From looking at their sales history they do except a lot of offers. If was interested make a low ball offer and see if you can meet in the middle.

Vortex Diamondback 3-9x40 Riflescope The Diamondback-loaded with features. First, the solid one-piece aircraft-grade aluminum alloy construction makes the Diamondback riflescope virtually indestructible and highly resistant to magnum recoil.

Vortex Optics 3-9x40 Diamondback Riflescope (Dead-Hold BDC Reticle)
Bikini Style Lens Caps
Lifetime Transferrable VIP Warranty

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vortex-Optics- ... ctupt=true

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Post by Caustic Burno » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:36 pm

jltrent wrote:Here is a pretty nice Vortex Diamondback reasonable that they except offers on.......From looking at their sales history they do except a lot of offers. If was interested make a low ball offer and see if you can meet in the middle.

Vortex Diamondback 3-9x40 Riflescope The Diamondback-loaded with features. First, the solid one-piece aircraft-grade aluminum alloy construction makes the Diamondback riflescope virtually indestructible and highly resistant to magnum recoil.

Vortex Optics 3-9x40 Diamondback Riflescope (Dead-Hold BDC Reticle)
Bikini Style Lens Caps
Lifetime Transferrable VIP Warranty

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vortex-Optics- ... ctupt=true

I had them replace one no questions ask. Every rifle with a scope on it here is a Vortex.
Bryant one of my favorite hunting rifles is a Ruger American youth model in 223. It has taken everything from hogs, deer, yotes and any other varmit.
When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat. Ronald Reagan

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Post by jltrent » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:46 pm

Here is a Vortex Optics Crossfire that is selling like hot cakes......VIP Unconditional Lifetime Warranty......you even get a free hat....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vortex-Optics- ... 0005.m1851

Chocolate Cow2
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Post by Chocolate Cow2 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:16 pm

Vortex. Nothing else. Last summer I bought a pair of Vortex binoculars at Cabelas. $200 on sale. Put them on the seat of the Gator and thought I could conquer the world. Went looking for a wayward bull and lost them somewhere in 1,600 acres of pasture. I was sick. In desperation I called Vortex and told a customer rep what had happened. She wanted my cash register receipt. I emailed it to her and in less than 36 hours she called back to say they couldn't replace the bino's but would sell me the same model for 50% off. I took her offer and included in the package she sent was a Vortex t-shirt, coffee cup and a nylon gear bag.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Post by True Grit Farms » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:14 pm

Any $200+ dollar scope should be fine, mounts and rings are where most problems occur during hard use. Every screw needs lock tight applied to them.
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.