Texas versus Georgia

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
houstoncutter
GURU
GURU

Texas versus Georgia

Post by houstoncutter » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:39 pm

Looks like the Horns got the memo from Bevo.
Kick some Dawg tookus!!!!

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Re: Texas versus Georgia

Post by jltrent » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:57 am

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Post by greybeard » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:01 am

I'm glad they won, but got to admit, it surprised the he// out of me.
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Post by JMJ Farms » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:07 am

I’m a Georgia fan through and through. But they got exactly what they deserved. Maybe, just maybe, this will be a wake up call for the Dawgs. You play to win, no matter what. Nothing else matters. They looked stupid and half hearted. I hate it, but they deserve the loss and Texas came to play. Been this way since 1980. Georgia can’t win the big games.
Until we remember that the left wing and the right wing belong to the same bird and we come together as a nation then this country is in for more turmoil - Jogeephus

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Post by greybeard » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:44 am

Tom Herman has done well with the longhorn program.
His old employer, UofH, has been in 3 bowl games since he left, lost them all, and this season, lost in the Armed Forces Bowl 70-14 to Army.
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Post by Caustic Burno » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:32 pm

greybeard wrote:Tom Herman has done well with the longhorn program.
His old employer, UofH, has been in 3 bowl games since he left, lost them all, and this season, lost in the Armed Forces Bowl 70-14 to Army.

U of H is poed about it as well.
http://www.thedaonline.com/sports/dana- ... 56e81.html
Money doesn’t buy happiness, but the lack does buy misery.

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Post by TexasBred » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:30 pm

houstoncutter wrote:Looks like the Horns got the memo from Bevo.
Kick some Dawg tookus!!!!

Congratulations Houston. Wondered what it would take to bring you out of hiding. :nod: :clap: Good job Horns.
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Post by TexasBred » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:36 pm

greybeard wrote:Tom Herman has done well with the longhorn program.

Very weak schedule. Should have gone 13-1 and was 10-4.
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Jogeephus » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:26 pm

JMJ Farms wrote:I’m a Georgia fan through and through. But they got exactly what they deserved. Maybe, just maybe, this will be a wake up call for the Dawgs. You play to win, no matter what. Nothing else matters. They looked stupid and half hearted. I hate it, but they deserve the loss and Texas came to play. Been this way since 1980. Georgia can’t win the big games.

We aren't paying the coach enough. He needs more money and then we will win more games.
Last edited by Jogeephus on Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Jogeephus » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:26 pm

double post
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Post by JMJ Farms » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:35 pm

Jogeephus wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:I’m a Georgia fan through and through. But they got exactly what they deserved. Maybe, just maybe, this will be a wake up call for the Dawgs. You play to win, no matter what. Nothing else matters. They looked stupid and half hearted. I hate it, but they deserve the loss and Texas came to play. Been this way since 1980. Georgia can’t win the big games.

We aren't paying the coach enough. He needs more money and then we will win more games.

:lol2: Ultimately, success or failure is on Kirbys shoulders. So good or bad, he gets the credit or criticism. Kirby is a good coach but he needs to demand more from his players and his staff.
I think Jim Cheney is an excellent offensive coordinator. For 3 quarters. And then he seems to forget what has been working. It may be time for him to move on, or either coordinate half the game.
I heard that Tampa Bay is trying to target Kirby. But I’m quite certain he won’t go.
Until we remember that the left wing and the right wing belong to the same bird and we come together as a nation then this country is in for more turmoil - Jogeephus

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Post by jltrent » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:03 am

JMJ Farms wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:

:lol2: Ultimately, success or failure is on Kirbys shoulders. So good or bad, he gets the credit or criticism. Kirby is a good coach but he needs to demand more from his players and his staff.
I think Jim Cheney is an excellent offensive coordinator. For 3 quarters. And then he seems to forget what has been working. It may be time for him to move on, or either coordinate half the game.
I heard that Tampa Bay is trying to target Kirby. But I’m quite certain he won’t go.

Us Vols fans are tickled to death to get Cheney and take him off your hands. Imagine being a Vol fan the last decade and half. We will even take your head coach, ball boys what ever.. Beating a D2 team is pretty exciting anymore for us. I bet Georgia would have given Clemson a better game than Alabama, as they should have been in the final four, and would have matched up better. Our BB team is looking a little better.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Post by greybeard » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:11 pm

I bet Georgia would have given Clemson a better game than Alabama, as they should have been in the final four, and would have matched up better.

Evidently, you were asleep during the Sugar Bowl....

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Post by jltrent » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:46 pm

greybeard wrote:
I bet Georgia would have given Clemson a better game than Alabama, as they should have been in the final four, and would have matched up better.

They didn't look good in the Sugar bowl, but I still say they should have gotten in the final four as they are better than ND and there would not have been a Sugar Bowl with them in it. Georgia dominated Alabama in the SEC Championship and a heroic few plays in the 4th Alabama survived 35-28. I would have even picked OS over ND. I guess that is the way I am looking at it, but they would have matched up with Clemson in the first game and not the championship. I am not taking anything away from Texas as they beat Georgia in the Sugar Bowl 28-21. Georgia's team is loaded and a couple plays and they could have easily been playing in the championship game again this year. If I was a Georgia fan I would still feel good about the future of the team. I hope the OC they lost to TN works out good, especially for TN.

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Post by JMJ Farms » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:04 pm

jltrent wrote:
greybeard wrote:

They didn't look good in the Sugar bowl, but I still say they should have gotten in the final four as they are better than ND and there would not have been a Sugar Bowl with them in it. Georgia dominated Alabama in the SEC Championship and a heroic few plays in the 4th Alabama survived 35-28. I would have even picked OS over ND. I guess that is the way I am looking at it, but they would have matched up with Clemson in the first game and not the championship. I am not taking anything away from Texas as they beat Georgia in the Sugar Bowl 28-21. Georgia's team is loaded and a couple plays and they could have easily been playing in the championship game again this year. If I was a Georgia fan I would still feel good about the future of the team. I hope the OC they lost to TN works out good, especially for TN.

I think UGA has a positive outlook for the future. They just have to learn to play the full 60 minutes and win the big games.