Minnesota Deer Hunting

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
mnmtranching
GURU
GURU

Minnesota Deer Hunting

Postby mnmtranching » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:56 am

Opens Sat, Anybody going.

I bought my license yesterday, $41 for the either sex plus 1 management tag. We can kill 5 deer here, but only one antlered.

Seems like a high price to pay for critters that eat my crops year around. :shock:
0 x
Its the cost of production and the value of your marketable product, or if you having fun. That's it, everything else is BS.

MistyMorning
GURU
GURU

Postby MistyMorning » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:36 pm

mnmt, the husband returns from the Dakotas on Friday evening. Probably just in time to say "whats for supper?" He and our daughter will be hunting together this weekend. The phone is already ringing off the hook with guys asking a million questions. The rest descend on us next week :roll: I am left with the kitchen and two dogs who evertime they hear a shot start barking wildly.

We get tons of folks from the cities crawling all over this area. Oh yeah and you don't want to go to the grocery store on Friday. Guys in orange going down the aisle the wrong way, causing cart jams, picking up foods their wives would never let them have at home, stuff like that. Its soooooo fun!
0 x

mnmtranching
GURU
GURU

Postby mnmtranching » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:11 pm

MM, Park Rapids becomes total chaos [sp] by Fri :shock: :shock
And lots of hunters only leave the shack to go for beer :shock:

And MM if those hunters bombard you for meals, make darn sure you have a tip box where they all can see it. 8) 8)
0 x
Its the cost of production and the value of your marketable product, or if you having fun. That's it, everything else is BS.

sidney411
GURU
GURU

Postby sidney411 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:01 am

Our season opens Sat. also - you can bet I will be out there bright eyed and bushy tailed!
0 x
I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Minnesota Deer Hunting

Postby Jogeephus » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:33 pm

mnmtranching wrote:I bought my license yesterday, $41 for the either sex plus 1 management tag. We can kill 5 deer here, but only one antlered.

When you get your new license, be sure you throw the old one away and not the new one. It's kinda hard to explain that to the warden. Believe it or not, he let me go. I guess the story is so stupid it has to be true. I can be such a dumb #ss at times. Sometimes I wonder how I even get my shoes tied. :oops:

Season has been in for a few weeks here. I'm not going till the skeeters go away. Can't stand the buzzing and it don't seem right sitting in a deer stand in shorts.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

MistyMorning
GURU
GURU

Postby MistyMorning » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:41 am

Jogeephus wrote:Season has been in for a few weeks here. I'm not going till the skeeters go away. Can't stand the buzzing and it don't seem right sitting in a deer stand in shorts.

mnmt, you have to post a pic of someone in full gear from here! 8) Supposed to be in the 20's here Sat morning.

Skeeters and shorts in November :shock:
0 x

MikeC
Honcho
Honcho

Postby MikeC » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:02 am

MistyMorning wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:Season has been in for a few weeks here. I'm not going till the skeeters go away. Can't stand the buzzing and it don't seem right sitting in a deer stand in shorts.

mnmt, you have to post a pic of someone in full gear from here! 8) Supposed to be in the 20's here Sat morning.

Yes. Skeeters and shorts in November.

I had to spray some turnips and collards yesterday for worms. :mad:
0 x
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

mnmtranching
GURU
GURU

Postby mnmtranching » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:31 am

You Southern Folks may find this hard to believe.

Up here if you don't skin the deer right away, often it will be froze solid by morning. :shock: :help:

MM, I'm going to try get a pic of my brother in his sitting on a board in a tree clothes :o :o He will sit there if it's -20. :roll:

Me, a couple years older and wiser [maybe it's more feable] But I use a heated stand.
0 x

Horticattleman
GURU
GURU

Postby Horticattleman » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:53 pm

Down here if you don't clean it right away it spoils!!! I can't count how many times I've played football after eating christmas dinner in shorts.

Jogeephus...try a Thermacell. They're awesome.
0 x
If my avatar offends you, you need a history lesson!

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:52 pm

MistyMorning wrote:

Today was my day to get the goooo scared out of me. First thing this morning I walked into an old tenant house only to come face to face with a black vulture who hissed at me and asked me to leave. :shock: Thought I'd slip out this afternoon and see what the deer were doing. Met this little sucker on the way. He is now dead as is the other one I got within an hour. I guess they know the cold front is moving in and they are on the move. This is 6 in two days.

Took two shots though. My scope must not be sighted at three feet. :lol:
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

mnmtranching
GURU
GURU

Postby mnmtranching » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:05 pm

Joe, Jeez! I hate them things. I've come across a few rattlers in early season Montana. The 12 gauge seems to work good at close range 8) I rate snakes right up there with skunks and porcupines .
That is :roll: as far as having their place in nature. :x I'm thinking DEAD. :D :D
0 x

CUZ
Rancher
Rancher

Postby CUZ » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:57 pm

Jogeephus wrote:
Today was my day to get the goooo scared out of me. First thing this morning I walked into an old tenant house only to come face to face with a black vulture who hissed at me and asked me to leave. :shock: Thought I'd slip out this afternoon and see what the deer were doing. Met this little sucker on the way. He is now dead as is the other one I got within an hour. I guess they know the cold front is moving in and they are on the move. This is 6 in two days.

Took two shots though. My scope must not be sighted at three feet. :lol:

Jo - I thought you had a policy of "if they rattled at you, you let them go". Or I may have confused you with someone else, anyway can I assume he didn't shake his rattles and that's why you sent him to snake be nice? (Since I don't like snakes I figure they certainly don't go to heaven.)
0 x

angie
GURU
GURU

Postby angie » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:03 pm

What I want to know is what the hunting widows have planned for the weekend?! I have to work ~ otherwise a bunch of us go out in large group and make some noise :nod:

Course ~ working at the jail ~ I might see tham ladies yet (;
0 x
There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.
C.S. Lewis

mnmtranching
GURU
GURU

Postby mnmtranching » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:08 pm

Angie I think everything, especially jails :shock: :help: Should be shut down opening day of MN Deer Hunting. :banana: :banana: :banana:
0 x

angie
GURU
GURU

Postby angie » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:11 pm

mnmtranching wrote:Angie I think everything, especially jails :shock: :help: Should be shut down opening day of MN Deer Hunting. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Excellent idea ~ I'm sure the guys around here would gladly sign that petition! :nod:
0 x
There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.
C.S. Lewis

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”