Killed by her pit bulls................

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Re: Killed by her pit bulls................

Postby True Grit Farms » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:17 pm

The worst part of the whole deal is, it's not the dogs fault. I've never seen a dog that couldn't bite.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:47 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:The worst part of the whole deal is, it's not the dogs fault. I've never seen a dog that couldn't bite.

If it's not a pitbull...it's a gateway dog..
0 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

D2Cat
Rancher
Rancher

Postby D2Cat » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:59 pm

I had some damage done by someone who was eventually arrested and incarcerated for a few days, after the police busted the door in and thru a smoke bomb (tear gas) in the apt.

I got a letter, after I inquired, from the county attorney's office about being eligible for "Crime Victims' Compensation". Your buddy might inquire.
0 x

rollinhills
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby rollinhills » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:53 pm

ddd75 wrote:some guy just killed a cat in town.. some stray. neighbor witnessed it and called him in.

he got 5 days jail, a fine, and 80 hours community service and thats with a lawyer.

now a few weeks ago some guys in a 4x4 truck went running through my buddies 50 acre field. cover crops were just coming up and they tore through everything. He got stuck at the end away from the road so the cops had a neighbor with duals go in and get him.. it was solid mud so it just tore it to crap. he did more damage with the tractor..

so anyway now they act like its no big deal and my friend wants to press charges but the cops are pretty much saying he's SOL.

who cares about all the damage, compaction and cost of seed.. these boys were just out having fun.. dur dur dur..

The cops are full of BULL CHIPS he can make them pay damages and repair
0 x

BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Postby BRYANT » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:01 pm

rollinhills wrote:
ddd75 wrote:some guy just killed a cat in town.. some stray. neighbor witnessed it and called him in.

he got 5 days jail, a fine, and 80 hours community service and thats with a lawyer.

now a few weeks ago some guys in a 4x4 truck went running through my buddies 50 acre field. cover crops were just coming up and they tore through everything. He got stuck at the end away from the road so the cops had a neighbor with duals go in and get him.. it was solid mud so it just tore it to crap. he did more damage with the tractor..

so anyway now they act like its no big deal and my friend wants to press charges but the cops are pretty much saying he's SOL.

who cares about all the damage, compaction and cost of seed.. these boys were just out having fun.. dur dur dur..

The cops are full of BULL CHIPS he can make them pay damages and repair

This is not up to the cops get a lawyer and go after them or just file in small claims court. As for as that goes their auto Ins. should pay the damages
0 x
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:43 am

i'll let him to know to contact their insurance company. thats a pretty good idea.
0 x

Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU

Postby Stocker Steve » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:52 am

CSM wrote:A woman was killed by two pit bulls in Bell County Ky this morning. The dogs weren't hers in this case.

Why is almost all women involved with these death by pit bull reports?
0 x
Stocker Steve

ropinranger
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby ropinranger » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:39 am

Yes, it's more the owner's fault than then dog's fault. Yes pit bulls are dangerous(similar to a gun, you should have the proper training prior to owning/operating), and have been bred to fight-and they have a "lock-jaw", which means once they bite down, their jaw/mouth/teeth/etc. are like a "locked" vice grip..hard to release...

Pits, as with Rotts, Dobermans, and other protection/fighting type dogs should not be owned by folks that are not well trained in what it takes to PROPERLY train and own one, and they(fighting dog breeds, and some of their owners....lol) for sure, should not be allowed out in public...

Yorkies (bred to trail and kill mice and rats) are aggressive, but, an 8 lb yorkie is not going to kill someone it decides to attack(unless they start breeding them to jump 20 times their height...lol), unlike a pit/gs/rott/etc....so, yeah, you can say it is not the dog, but, in reality, it IS the dog...AND the dog's owner's fault...
0 x

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:51 am

ropinranger wrote:Yes, it's more the owner's fault than then dog's fault. Yes pit bulls are dangerous(similar to a gun, you should have the proper training prior to owning/operating), and have been bred to fight-and they have a "lock-jaw", which means once they bite down, their jaw/mouth/teeth/etc. are like a "locked" vice grip..hard to release...

Pits, as with Rotts, Dobermans, and other protection/fighting type dogs should not be owned by folks that are not well trained in what it takes to PROPERLY train and own one, and they(fighting dog breeds, and some of their owners....lol) for sure, should not be allowed out in public...

Yorkies (bred to trail and kill mice and rats) are aggressive, but, an 8 lb yorkie is not going to kill someone it decides to attack(unless they start breeding them to jump 20 times their height...lol), unlike a pit/gs/rott/etc....so, yeah, you can say it is not the dog, but, in reality, it IS the dog...AND the dog's owner's fault...

While I agree, the most affectionate dogs I've even been around are pitts. Some of them make labs seem unfriendly.
1 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

ropinranger
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby ropinranger » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:18 pm

Dun, I had a red nosed pit about 20 years ago that was like that...a great dog, and as friendly to other folks and animals as well. But, when i was out walking him(stationed in San Antonio, so i lived in the city), a lot of folks steered clear of us, even back then....he looked like he was ready to attack at all times. I owned a chocolate lab at the same time, and it was considerably more aggressive than the pit back then. But, i have no doubt, that if need be, the pit would do a lot of damage to whatever it decided was a threat. I gave him to a friend when i was stationed in Korea, and by all accounts, he staid laid back and affectionate until he passed.

That, said, when out in public, i kept a close eye, and leash on him; i also would never let anyone come into the house until i had control of him....just in case.
1 x

ez14.
GURU
GURU

Postby ez14. » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:12 pm

At the sale barn I once seen a lady selling baby rabbits in the parking lot and she had a pit bull with her and when the baby rabbits wondered off to far the dog would go pick them up and bring them back to the lady without so much as a scratch!
0 x

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:15 am

ropinranger wrote:Yes, it's more the owner's fault than then dog's fault. Yes pit bulls are dangerous(similar to a gun, you should have the proper training prior to owning/operating), and have been bred to fight-and they have a "lock-jaw", which means once they bite down, their jaw/mouth/teeth/etc. are like a "locked" vice grip..hard to release...

tell that to the lady who went on and on online about how great her pitts were... defending them.... then she took them for a walk in the woods and they mauled her to death.

you can tell she was loving owner who cared for them a lot.
0 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:22 am

There is ALWAYS more to the story than we will ever know.

Fist of all... fighting Pitts are not #125... they are more like #30-40. They are very, small, very agile, very powerful dogs.

Pitt bull are used for fighting in the "pits" because they were the only breed people could train to fight other dogs that would not turn on their owner.

The problem is people do crazy stuff with dogs. They feed them steroids and gun powder and all kinds of other stuff trying to hop them up and it can mess with their brain chemistry. A lot of these people try to teach them to be aggressive towards humans because they think is cool. That is completely the opposite of what the breed is know for.

99% of the time the dogs are not even Pitt Bulls in these stories.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:29 am

Stocker Steve wrote:
CSM wrote:A woman was killed by two pit bulls in Bell County Ky this morning. The dogs weren't hers in this case.

Why is almost all women involved with these death by pit bull reports?

... because things start going wrong and they get worked up, the animals feed off that, and its starts a cycle until some thing really bad happens. You have to be calm, collected, and in control if you expect your animals to be.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:42 pm

Brute 23 wrote:There is ALWAYS more to the story than we will ever know.

Fist of all... fighting Pitts are not #125... they are more like #30-40. They are very, small, very agile, very powerful dogs.

Pitt bull are used for fighting in the "pits" because they were the only breed people could train to fight other dogs that would not turn on their owner.

The problem is people do crazy stuff with dogs. They feed them steroids and gun powder and all kinds of other stuff trying to hop them up and it can mess with their brain chemistry. A lot of these people try to teach them to be aggressive towards humans because they think is cool. That is completely the opposite of what the breed is know for.

99% of the time the dogs are not even Pitt Bulls in these stories.

You fight dogs the same as people and roosters, by weight. And a lot of the time you can get odds on weight when your betting. A scared person sounds like a hurt animal, that is why kids and women get attacked more often.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Return to “Dogs, Cats and Other Pets”