Going to miss her...

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Going to miss her...

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:24 am

1982vett wrote:Sky, I don’t plan to get another either. We’ve said goodby to 3 over the past 15 years. When the kids come and bring their dogs it’s to many anyway....especially when they don’t get along all that well. Wife has a pain-in-my-butt yappy Pomeranian that will probably live another 100 years. The dog drama is far from over.

Several months ago I did run across a puppy available for adoption that looked like Gretchen made over. Tugged at me a little but I resisted. :D

:)
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:21 am

Man... reading your post brought back memories of my Ellie Mae... Like you, i was reluctant to get a new dog but then I got to thinking about how Blessed I was to have Ellie Mae the time that I did. Dogs become family and the bonds are nothing short of that. Rest easy knowing you gave your pet the best possible life.
1 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:40 pm

1982vett wrote:Sky, I don’t plan to get another either. We’ve said goodby to 3 over the past 15 years. When the kids come and bring their dogs it’s to many anyway....especially when they don’t get along all that well. Wife has a pain-in-my-butt yappy Pomeranian that will probably live another 100 years. The dog drama is far from over.

Several months ago I did run across a puppy available for adoption that looked like Gretchen made over. Tugged at me a little but I resisted. :D

It's not time. But someday. Probably when you least expect it. One of our dogs was dumped on the ranch when he was all of 10 weeks old. Had no intention of keeping him but 10 years later he's still my husband's best friend.
3 x

Return to “Dogs, Cats and Other Pets”