What are you eating today?

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
MikeCunningham
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 3:14 am
Location: Los Angeles
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by MikeCunningham » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:48 am

Hi all!
Today I am going to impress my family with absolutely gorgeous baked salmon in foil. This is very healthy and fast coooking dinner and also the right solution to wow the crowd :) I like it very much!



User avatar
Ky hills
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2650
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:54 pm
Location: Clark County, KY
Has thanked: 931 times
Been thanked: 544 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by Ky hills » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:58 am

This is a big departure from normal for me, but we grew a lot of leaf lettuce this year and am really enjoying fresh salads. I’ve eaten more salad the last 2 weeks than in the rest of my 45 years combined. :lol2:
Image

User avatar
sstterry
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2745
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:04 am
Location: Bulls Gap, TN
Has thanked: 986 times
Been thanked: 612 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by sstterry » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:30 pm

Ky hills wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:58 am
This is a big departure from normal for me, but we grew a lot of leaf lettuce this year and am really enjoying fresh salads. I’ve eaten more salad the last 2 weeks than in the rest of my 45 years combined. :lol2:
Image
I love a good fresh salad! When I was growing up, one of our first "garden meals" of the year (normally around hay time) included fresh-picked lettuce with hot bacon grease poured over it.

User avatar
Ky hills
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2650
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:54 pm
Location: Clark County, KY
Has thanked: 931 times
Been thanked: 544 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by Ky hills » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:19 pm

sstterry wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:30 pm
Ky hills wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:58 am
This is a big departure from normal for me, but we grew a lot of leaf lettuce this year and am really enjoying fresh salads. I’ve eaten more salad the last 2 weeks than in the rest of my 45 years combined. :lol2:
Image
I love a good fresh salad! When I was growing up, one of our first "garden meals" of the year (normally around hay time) included fresh-picked lettuce with hot bacon grease poured over it.
That is the way my family did when I was growing up too, they added radishes and green onions, but I didn’t acquire a taste for it then.

User avatar
Ky hills
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2650
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:54 pm
Location: Clark County, KY
Has thanked: 931 times
Been thanked: 544 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by Ky hills » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:15 pm

Grilled a couple Hereford sirloin steaks tonight, my wife likes well done and I like medium. Wife fried some yellow crookneck squash, zucchini, peppers, and onions and also made some hush puppies.
Image

Image

User avatar
MurraysMutts
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 921
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:51 pm
Location: N. Central boonies, Oklahoma
Has thanked: 229 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by MurraysMutts » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:01 pm

Hard to get thru a whole sirloin when it's this size...
Image

Image
Crossbred for high bread vinegar....

User avatar
farmerjan
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3037
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:54 pm
Location: Shenandoah ValleyVirginia
Has thanked: 565 times
Been thanked: 419 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by farmerjan » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:35 pm

MurraysMutts wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:01 pm
Hard to get thru a whole sirloin when it's this size...
Image

Image
Oh, but wonderful sliced cold steak sandwiches with a little mayo...... Just waiting to get the next jersey steer killed in Nov for fresh steak again....

User avatar
MurraysMutts
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 921
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:51 pm
Location: N. Central boonies, Oklahoma
Has thanked: 229 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by MurraysMutts » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:37 pm

farmerjan wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:35 pm
MurraysMutts wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:01 pm
Hard to get thru a whole sirloin when it's this size...
Image

Image
Oh, but wonderful sliced cold steak sandwiches with a little mayo...... Just waiting to get the next jersey steer killed in Nov for fresh steak again....
Omgoosh!
Now I know what I'm having for lunch tmrw!
If it makes it past breakfast...
Crossbred for high bread vinegar....

User avatar
MurraysMutts
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 921
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:51 pm
Location: N. Central boonies, Oklahoma
Has thanked: 229 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by MurraysMutts » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:56 am

That's better than leftover Turkey day!
Image
Crossbred for high bread vinegar....

User avatar
farmerjan
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3037
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:54 pm
Location: Shenandoah ValleyVirginia
Has thanked: 565 times
Been thanked: 419 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by farmerjan » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:28 pm

MurraysMutts wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:56 am
That's better than leftover Turkey day!
Image
I WANT SOME........

User avatar
Named'em Tamed'em
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1391
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:13 am
Location: Wet-side Washington St.
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 128 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by Named'em Tamed'em » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:37 pm

Image
rib steak, beans and the boss wanted shrimp!
Get over it! It could have been alot worse.

Post Reply