Hams

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Hams

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:13 am

I can't wait for these bad boys to be ready.. apparently neither can the rest of my family. Everyone keeps asking me to call them when there ready.

3 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Hams

Postby TexasBred » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:07 am

skyhightree1 wrote:I can't wait for these bad boys to be ready.. apparently neither can the rest of my family. Everyone keeps asking me to call them when there ready.

You do still have my address don't you?? Better vacuum seal them too so the FedX man can't smell them. :mrgreen: :cowboy:
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:13 am

TexasBred wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:I can't wait for these bad boys to be ready.. apparently neither can the rest of my family. Everyone keeps asking me to call them when there ready.

You do still have my address don't you?? Better vacuum seal them too so the FedX man can't smell them. :mrgreen: :cowboy:

:lol: Surely you don't want a Virginia country Ham down there in Texas if anyone finds out they may run you out of there :lol:
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:13 am

TexasBred wrote:

:lol: Surely you don't want a Virginia country Ham down there in Texas if anyone finds out they may run you out of there :lol:
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:10 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
TexasBred wrote:

We'll take our changes buddy.. :lol2:
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:54 pm

TexasBred wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:
TexasBred wrote:

We'll take our changes buddy.. :lol2:

:lol:

0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:29 am

Still salting tb there waiting for you

0 x

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:37 am

Looks like you are using an awful lot of salt.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:49 am

Jogeephus wrote:Looks like you are using an awful lot of salt.

I am I keep resalting since its getting warmer and the waters coming out pretty good. I took all salt and such off Saturday and resalted put sugar and pepper black and red pepper flakes. With temperatures warming im trying to keep hocks packed to keep them from spoiling. I will keep them in salt till april then pull out rince hang and dry them and spoke. These hams were a lot bigger than im use too many were 60lbs each when they were green some are firming up pretty good other are getting there but still lil squishy
0 x

Hook2.0
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Hook2.0 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:18 pm

60 lb hams?
How big were the hogs?
0 x
Proud to be a multiplier

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:55 pm

Id say 600-675 of the largest
The 250lb hogs we killed of another guys he weighed I could take a half and throw those on the table no problem. My largest hogs took 3 men to pick it up a half and move it to the table 1 person was definitely not getting it done 2 was a struggle
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:50 pm

Hit the smoke Today

1 x

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:37 am

Bet that is smelling good. How long are you planning on smoking them?
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:46 am

Jogeephus wrote:Bet that is smelling good. How long are you planning on smoking them?

It sure does... 2 hams are black peppered up like crazy other 6 hams and shoulder are in molasses black pepper and red pepper such an awesome smell. i am planning to smoke 15 days then every time its rainy and damp outside hit them up with smoke. They are in Hickory/Oak wood now but next week will be apple wood and peach
0 x

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:34 am

Great day in the morning. Sky got it going on!
0 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

Return to “Recipes and Cooking”