Vanilla Bean Tree

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
Post Reply
hurleyjd
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4034
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Yantis, Texas
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 39 times

Vanilla Bean Tree

Post by hurleyjd » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:38 pm

What does a Vanilla bean tree look like. Any in America



User avatar
ga.prime
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5189
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:24 am
Location: So. Cent. Ga.
Has thanked: 49 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: Vanilla Bean Tree

Post by ga.prime » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:41 pm

Vanilla beans come from an orchid, not a tree. They're tropical plants.
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19557
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Vanilla Bean Tree

Post by skyhightree1 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:01 pm

hurleyjd wrote:What does a Vanilla bean tree look like. Any in America


Sure wish I could raise vanilla here that stuff is expensive id have alot of it planted as i would eat alot and sell alot too :D
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4034
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Yantis, Texas
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 39 times

Re: Vanilla Bean Tree

Post by hurleyjd » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:18 pm

ga.prime wrote:Vanilla beans come from an orchid, not a tree. They're tropical plants.


Thanks I knew that but posted see who would bite. I think that the orchid plant actually lives on a host tree. And is attached to the bark of the tree.

User avatar
ga.prime
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5189
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:24 am
Location: So. Cent. Ga.
Has thanked: 49 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: Vanilla Bean Tree

Post by ga.prime » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:47 pm

hurleyjd wrote:
ga.prime wrote:Vanilla beans come from an orchid, not a tree. They're tropical plants.


Thanks I knew that but posted see who would bite. I think that the orchid plant actually lives on a host tree. And is attached to the bark of the tree.

:lol2: , good effort.
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

Post Reply