DR's Orders

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

DR's Orders

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:58 pm

I have a gall bladder test for tomorrow they said eat a big greasy burger and fries tonight

Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Re: DR's Orders

Postby Rafter S » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:04 pm

I hope the test goes well, but I'm surprised there isn't more cheese on that burger.
Life is too short to drink cheap beer or dance with ugly women.

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:07 pm

My kind of doctor!! Hope the test goes well.
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:21 pm

Rafter S wrote:I hope the test goes well, but I'm surprised there isn't more cheese on that burger.

Thanks I didn't want to push my luck haven't had beef in 2 months and very little cheese I've lost 40lbs
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:22 pm

TN Cattle Man wrote:My kind of doctor!! Hope the test goes well.

Thanks .. I wish it was a permanent prescription but unfortunately not :D

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:25 pm

With that meal you shouldn’t need the test! All that grease should tell you what you need to know about your gallbladder. Looks good though.
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:26 pm

JMJ Farms wrote:With that meal you shouldn’t need the test! All that grease should tell you what you need to know about your gallbladder. Looks good though.

:lol: thanks

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Postby farmerjan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:28 pm

Sure hope the test goes well. Maybe they will get somethings decided and figure out what all is causing all the problems? Losing 40 lbs is no small feat, even though it meant deprivation for you.
I could do to lose about that total, but even the lady at the chiropractors office said there was no way I weighed as much as the scale said. I can feel it though and sure would like to take some off.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:42 pm

farmerjan wrote:Sure hope the test goes well. Maybe they will get somethings decided and figure out what all is causing all the problems? Losing 40 lbs is no small feat, even though it meant deprivation for you.
I could do to lose about that total, but even the lady at the chiropractors office said there was no way I weighed as much as the scale said. I can feel it though and sure would like to take some off.

Thanks I had to buy new clothes from 42-36 I'm high School skinny now lol if you really want to lose weight take doxycycline ;-)

ez14.
GURU
GURU

Postby ez14. » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:55 pm

You should have come up here. There is a restaurant that serves a real good doc burger! Or in the UP there is the big-C 3/4 pound burger that's pretty good

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:49 am

I really like my doctor as here are some of his orders........

Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
A: Heart only good for so many beats, and that it... Don't waste on exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speeding up heart not make you live longer; it like saying you extend life of car by driving faster. Want to live longer? Take nap.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
A: Oh no. Wine made from fruit. Brandy distilled wine, that mean they take water out of fruity bit so you get even more of goodness that way. Beer also made of grain. Bottom up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?
A: Well, if you have body and you have fat, your ratio one to one. If you have two body, your ratio two to one.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
A: Can't think of single one, sorry. My philosophy: No pain...good!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?
A: YOU NOT LISTENING! Food fried in vegetable oil. How getting more vegetable be bad?

Q : Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?
A: Oh no! When you exercise muscle, it get bigger. You should only be doing sit-up if you want bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
A: You crazy?!? HEL-LO-O!! Cocoa bean! Another vegetable! It best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?
A: If swimming good for figure, explain whale to me.

Q: Is getting in shape important for my lifestyle?
A: Hey! 'Round' is shape!

Well... I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.

And remember:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"
Last edited by jltrent on Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:53 am

skyhightree1 wrote:I have a gall bladder test for tomorrow they said eat a big greasy burger and fries tonight

Good luck on the ultrasound.......

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:48 am

Hope it turns out well, sky!
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

ez14.
GURU
GURU

Postby ez14. » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:35 am

jltrent wrote:I really like my doctor as here are some of his orders........

Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
A: Heart only good for so many beats, and that it... Don't waste on exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speeding up heart not make you live longer; it like saying you extend life of car by driving faster. Want to live longer? Take nap.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
A: Oh no. Wine made from fruit. Brandy distilled wine, that mean they take water out of fruity bit so you get even more of goodness that way. Beer also made of grain. Bottom up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?
A: Well, if you have body and you have fat, your ratio one to one. If you have two body, your ratio two to one.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
A: Can't think of single one, sorry. My philosophy: No pain...good!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?
A: YOU NOT LISTENING! Food fried in vegetable oil. How getting more vegetable be bad?

Q : Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?
A: Oh no! When you exercise muscle, it get bigger. You should only be doing sit-up if you want bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
A: You crazy?!? HEL-LO-O!! Cocoa bean! Another vegetable! It best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?
A: If swimming good for figure, explain whale to me.

Q: Is getting in shape important for my lifestyle?
A: Hey! 'Round' is shape!

Well... I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.

And remember:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

:nod: :nod: :nod:

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:05 am

I sure hope I can leave fat and happy. Every time I grab seconds my wife says something. I repeat the same old thing, I only have one life I'm living it how I want.
Good luck with it Sky.
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.