DR's Orders

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
ez14.
GURU
GURU

Re: DR's Orders

Postby ez14. » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:10 am

True Grit Farms wrote:I sure hope I can leave fat and happy. Every time I grab seconds my wife says something. I repeat the same old thing, I only have one life I'm living it how I want.
Good luck with it Sky.

No use in being around if you can't enjoy it!
2 x

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Postby farmerjan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:01 am

jltrent wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:I have a gall bladder test for tomorrow they said eat a big greasy burger and fries tonight

Good luck on the ultrasound.......

Well, Sky, how'd it go? Any news????
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:16 pm

farmerjan wrote:
jltrent wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:I have a gall bladder test for tomorrow they said eat a big greasy burger and fries tonight

Good luck on the ultrasound.......

Well, Sky, how'd it go? Any news????

Not as of yet probably find out early next week
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:25 pm

It ain't easy being cheesy is it?
2 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:11 am

greybeard wrote:It ain't easy being cheesy is it?

Not lately lol
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:13 am

Apparently my gall bladder is borderline functional and I gotta go see a surgeon.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:18 am

skyhightree1 wrote:Apparently my gall bladder is borderline functional and I gotta go see a surgeon.

Get a second or third opinion. Doctors need the money worse than school teachers.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:16 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:Apparently my gall bladder is borderline functional and I gotta go see a surgeon.

Get a second or third opinion. Doctors need the money worse than school teachers.

For sure I am but sadly I gotta admit I noticed my test didn't go well and am having gall bladder symptoms
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:46 am

I was told the same thing over a year ago...that I had gallstones (found by ultrasound while looking at something else) and gall bladder needed to come out. I opted out of it.

Niece was told she needed her's removed........I think that was 5 years ago.........she still has it.
YRMV.
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

sstterry
Rancher
Rancher

Postby sstterry » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:55 am

skyhightree1 wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:

For sure I am but sadly I gotta admit I noticed my test didn't go well and am having gall bladder symptoms

It looks like you may have to cut back on the ham Sky. I can take those you have hanging now off your hands....... :cowboy:
1 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:41 am

greybeard wrote:

I was told the same thing over a year ago...that I had gallstones (found by ultrasound while looking at something else) and gall bladder needed to come out. I opted out of it.

Niece was told she needed her's removed........I think that was 5 years ago.........she still has it.
YRMV.

Yeah I don't have stones it just is functional at 64% I haven't decided yet on what to do
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:42 am

sstterry wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Get a second or third opinion. Doctors need the money worse than school teachers.

It looks like you may have to cut back on the ham Sky. I can take those you have hanging now off your hands....... :cowboy:

Your late there gone :D
1 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:40 am

greybeard wrote:

YRMV.

Gall bladder surgery 11-30 it's functional at 17% last night I suffered and was so sick I hope this fixes the issue
1 x

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:47 pm

Hate to hear that but glad you're finally getting something done. No use suffering!
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:19 pm

I guess that's a good thing, I just see where you missed out on a lot of good eating thanks to doctors practicing medicine.
2 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Return to “Recipes and Cooking”