DR's Orders

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
sstterry
Rancher
Rancher

Re: DR's Orders

Postby sstterry » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:07 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
greybeard wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:Apparently my gall bladder is borderline functional and I gotta go see a surgeon.

I was told the same thing over a year ago...that I had gallstones (found by ultrasound while looking at something else) and gall bladder needed to come out. I opted out of it.

Niece was told she needed her's removed........I think that was 5 years ago.........she still has it.
YRMV.

Gall bladder surgery 11-30 it's functional at 17% last night I suffered and was so sick I hope this fixes the issue

Listen to your Dr.'s if you trust them. Good Luck and speedy recovery!
And about those Hams..... :tiphat:
0 x

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:31 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
greybeard wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:Apparently my gall bladder is borderline functional and I gotta go see a surgeon.

I was told the same thing over a year ago...that I had gallstones (found by ultrasound while looking at something else) and gall bladder needed to come out. I opted out of it.

Niece was told she needed her's removed........I think that was 5 years ago.........she still has it.
YRMV.

Gall bladder surgery 11-30 it's functional at 17% last night I suffered and was so sick I hope this fixes the issue

I had mine taken out in 2014 and as soon as I woke up it was immediate relief. The test came back on the GB as choledocholithiasis and the doctor said I bet that had been bothering you a long time as it had. I have not had any pain like that since thank goodness.
3 x

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:12 am

Hate to read that it needs to come out, but that's gotta be better than suffering with it.
0 x
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:58 pm

jltrent wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:
greybeard wrote:

YRMV.

I had mine taken out in 2014 and as soon as I woke up it was immediate relief. The test came back on the GB as choledocholithiasis and the doctor said I bet that had been bothering you a long time as it had. I have not had any pain like that since thank goodness.

I get pains sometimes but mostly feel nauseous and bloated

slick4591 wrote:Hate to read that it needs to come out, but that's gotta be better than suffering with it.

Yea very true like dr said if its not working now its not going to get better
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:28 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
jltrent wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:

I get pains sometimes but mostly feel nauseous and bloated

slick4591 wrote:Hate to read that it needs to come out, but that's gotta be better than suffering with it.

Yea very true like dr said if its not working now its not going to get better
Had that also.
1 x

pdfangus
GURU
GURU

Postby pdfangus » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:09 am

late to the party....

Gall bladder problems can be awful...My first wife had problems with hers when she was twenty and they could not find what was causing her agonizing pain...Because she was twenty they never considered gall bladder....once they found it and she had surgery her life was greatly improved...

this was in the early 70s nd it was major surgery back then...today it is a piece of cake...

good luck Sky...
1 x
Strength is of no value if it does not have a
useful application for good.
Jim Tate
pdfangus@gmail.com

Return to “Recipes and Cooking”