Need a recipe for ham quiche

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
Alan
GURU
GURU

Need a recipe for ham quiche

Postby Alan » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:04 am

I've been looking for a decent recipe for ham quiche. My first wife use to make a great one .... no I'm not going to ask her for it.... I don't think my lovely wife of 13 yrs would understand my asking nor would she eat it..... I might end up wearing it :o :D .

Any help with a simple no thrills ham quiche? seems like all I can find on the internet calls for the quiche to be primped up... cavier, hand sqeezed olive oil, shrimp from the indian ocean.... will you know what I mean.... any simple ham quiche recipes? I can add my own onions and green peppers from the store, served with hashbrowns.

Thanks,
Alan
0 x
I'm not afraid of hard work, I can lay down next to it and fall asleep without a problem.

hillsdown
GURU
GURU

Re: Need a recipe for ham quiche

Postby hillsdown » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:32 pm

This is one of my favorite but use any plain quiche recipe and add the foods you like here is a link to some other really easy recipes. I make this still but without the crust.

6 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
6 ounces diced smoked ham
1 pie shell, unbaked, 9-inch
3 large eggs
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
dash cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
PREPARATION:
Sprinkle cheese and ham over bottom of pie shell. In a mixing bowl, beat remaining ingredients together. Pour over cheese and ham in pie shell. Bake in preheated 375° oven for 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cut in wedges to serve.
Serves 6.
More Quiche Recipes :http://southernfood.about.com/od/quicherecipes/Quiche_Recipes_and_Related_Baked_Egg_Recipes.htm
0 x
HD

{No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having the love of a dog makes you rich.
Louis Sabin}

hillsdown
GURU
GURU

Postby hillsdown » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:34 pm

Here is a spicier one I think I will have to try this one.
1 frozen pie shell, baked, but not browned
1/2 c. ham, chopped
4 slices bacon, crumbled
2 cups Mexican blend cheese
1/4 c. onion, chopped
1 med. tomato, chopped
2 jalapeno peppers, seeds removed, chopped
2 tbsp. chopped mushrooms , optional
1 tbsp. parsley
4 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 c. sour cream
Preparation:
Layer the first 9 ingredients in pie shell. Combine eggs, sour cream and mustard; mix well. Pour over ingredients and bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. If the edges of the pie crust begin to get too brown, cover with strips of aluminum foil.
Related Recipes Jalapeno Bread
0 x
HD

{No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having the love of a dog makes you rich.
Louis Sabin}

BeefmasterB
Rancher
Rancher

Postby BeefmasterB » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:28 am

Look like good recipe's HD! Thank you! I might actually be able to crank one of these out in my kitchen without creating a disaster.
0 x

Return to “Recipes and Cooking”