BBQ Ribs

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
grannysoo
GURU
GURU

BBQ Ribs

Postby grannysoo » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:50 am

I'll probably get burned at the stake for this one, but here goes. Note, the name is BBQ Ribs, not smoked BBQ Ribs.

Take a rack (or 2 or 3) of your favorite ribs and cut into sections that will fit into your largest pot. Cover with water, bring to a boil, and then let boil for an hour or so, until the meat begins to separate from the bones.

Take out of water and allow to drain well.

Lay the racks of ribs on a heated grill, salt/pepper, and then cover with your favorite bbq sauce. Grill for 5 minutes or so, flip, and repeat. Continue grilling, covering with bbq sauce, and flipping for 3 or 4 more times, until you have a good grilled, crusty finish on the ribs.

They're not smoked, but they are a ultra tender meat falls off the bone rib. Totally different taste than smoked ribs. My family loved them.

And to the real smoked bbq fans out there (which I am one of!), sorry for posting this. :lol2:
0 x
When blacks have identity it is called pride.
When indians have identity it is called culture.
When jews have identity it is called history.
When whites have identity it is called racism.

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Re: BBQ Ribs

Postby dun » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:28 pm

I subsitute a pressure cooker for about 15 minutes instead of boiling. I also mix a lof of sauce wit hthe water during the pressure sooking phase.
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

hillsdown
GURU
GURU

Postby hillsdown » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:26 pm

I do not boil mine. They get thrown is a covered roaster and baked at 300 for about 4 hours or until the meat starts to separate from the bone. Then do the same as you, or if I don't feel like starting the BBQ place them in the top oven and broil them on high.
0 x
HD

{No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having the love of a dog makes you rich.
Louis Sabin}

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:43 pm

My MIL does it this way too and they are tender and good but to me its not the destination but the journey that is important.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

mnmtranching
GURU
GURU

Postby mnmtranching » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:05 pm

Hey yeah! thanks 8) Supper tomorrow, Beef short ribs, boiled till tender then put on the grill with BBQ sauce. :D
0 x
Its the cost of production and the value of your marketable product, or if you having fun. That's it, everything else is BS.

Return to “Recipes and Cooking”