What are you eating today?

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
Post Reply
User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19700
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by skyhightree1 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:47 pm

sstterry wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:[


heck yea theres sugar in my cornbread lol


Yuck![/quote]

No ham for you lol


Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

User avatar
sstterry
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1470
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:04 am
Location: Bulls Gap, TN
Has thanked: 391 times
Been thanked: 228 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by sstterry » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:32 pm

LOL, It would not taste good with "sugared" cornbread! I want my meals with bread, not cake!

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19700
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by skyhightree1 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:17 pm

sstterry wrote:LOL, It would not taste good with "sugared" cornbread! I want my meals with bread, not cake!


Lol prefer sweet tastes better In buttermilk
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

User avatar
slick4591
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 10333
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:58 pm
Location: Farmersville, Texas
Has thanked: 188 times
Been thanked: 202 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by slick4591 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:32 pm

Stopped by the supermercado on the way home.

Image
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 30121
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas
Has thanked: 180 times
Been thanked: 189 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by TexasBred » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:11 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
sstterry wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:Oops overfilled the pie crust


Since you ruined that one, I will take it off your hands for no charge. :D


I couldn't do that to you.. I must eat my mess :D

FedX delivered me a big box with grease stains on it last week. Opened it and it had a big ol' ham bone in it. I figure the sender wiped out the ham and sent the bone just for the heck of it. It was mailed from Free Rent, Virginia :lol2: :lol2:
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19700
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by skyhightree1 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:08 pm

Image
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19700
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by skyhightree1 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:22 pm

Image
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19700
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by skyhightree1 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:06 am

Image

Image

Image

Image
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Dave
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7854
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:35 pm
Location: Baker County, Oregon
Been thanked: 365 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by Dave » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:03 am

Last night I had venison liver smothered in sweet onions and fired potatoes.

I skin the membrane off the liver and soak it over night in salt water. Slice it thin and soak/drain it several times. Roll it in flour with pepper. Fry it just enough to brown it. When I flip it I bury it with the onions. Stir the liver and onion together until the onion is done. The only way and kind of liver I like.

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19700
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by skyhightree1 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:08 am

Dave wrote:Last night I had venison liver smothered in sweet onions and fired potatoes.

I skin the membrane off the liver and soak it over night in salt water. Slice it thin and soak/drain it several times. Roll it in flour with pepper. Fry it just enough to brown it. When I flip it I bury it with the onions. Stir the liver and onion together until the onion is done. The only way and kind of liver I like.


You flushed all the flavor out of the liver by continually soaking and draining :lol:
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

User avatar
slick4591
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 10333
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:58 pm
Location: Farmersville, Texas
Has thanked: 188 times
Been thanked: 202 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by slick4591 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:04 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
Dave wrote:Last night I had venison liver smothered in sweet onions and fired potatoes.

I skin the membrane off the liver and soak it over night in salt water. Slice it thin and soak/drain it several times. Roll it in flour with pepper. Fry it just enough to brown it. When I flip it I bury it with the onions. Stir the liver and onion together until the onion is done. The only way and kind of liver I like.


You flushed all the flavor out of the liver by continually soaking and draining :lol:


No wonder he was able to eat it.
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19700
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by skyhightree1 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:21 pm

slick4591 wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:
Dave wrote:Last night I had venison liver smothered in sweet onions and fired potatoes.

I skin the membrane off the liver and soak it over night in salt water. Slice it thin and soak/drain it several times. Roll it in flour with pepper. Fry it just enough to brown it. When I flip it I bury it with the onions. Stir the liver and onion together until the onion is done. The only way and kind of liver I like.


You flushed all the flavor out of the liver by continually soaking and draining :lol:


No wonder he was able to eat it.


Liver is good I like it I never soak mine just clean it up rinse the blood off fry that bad boy up and commence to grubbing..
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

User avatar
slick4591
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 10333
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:58 pm
Location: Farmersville, Texas
Has thanked: 188 times
Been thanked: 202 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by slick4591 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:26 pm

I'd probably have to soak mine til it was clear to get it down.
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19700
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by skyhightree1 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:52 pm

slick4591 wrote:I'd probably have to soak mine til it was clear to get it down.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :yuck:
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

User avatar
JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4498
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:51 pm
Location: Middle Georgia
Has thanked: 288 times
Been thanked: 306 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by JMJ Farms » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:23 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
slick4591 wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:
You flushed all the flavor out of the liver by continually soaking and draining :lol:


No wonder he was able to eat it.


Liver is good I like it I never soak mine just clean it up rinse the blood off fry that bad boy up and commence to grubbing..


I love chicken livers. Never tried beef or venison liver. But if it’s anything like chicken livers I’m game.
Until we remember that the left wing and the right wing belong to the same bird and we come together as a nation then this country is in for more turmoil - Jogeephus

Post Reply