Contest 20 - 26 Jan "A Winter's Day"

Submit your photo today! You can be the next winner.
alisonb
GURU
GURU

Contest 20 - 26 Jan "A Winter's Day"

Postby alisonb » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:53 am

We invite you to submit a photo depicting a winter scene - It can be a snowy landscape, icicles hanging from a fence, outdoor adventures like sledding, a snowman, cityscape, cattle and/or people out in the cold(how are the people dressed), winter storm.....

You have until 26 Jan to submit your pic, the voting poll will run from 27 Jan - 2 Feb and the winner will be announced on 3 Feb. All entries to be submitted to hillsdown via personal message. Pic dimensions should be 640x480 pix(or close to that) so please resize before submitting.

We remind you that without your participation the contests will obviously not be possible.
0 x
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

cow pollinater
GURU
GURU

Re: Contest 20 - 26 Jan "A Winter's Day"

Postby cow pollinater » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:28 pm

I guess I have to sit this one out. We haven't even had a taste of winter yet. It looks like August but without the leaves. :cry2:
0 x

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:34 pm

I have several to choose from (from last year's snow). But given the recent forecast, we will be getting snow tomorrow.

cowpollinator....that is indeed very sad.

Katherine
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

regolith
GURU
GURU

Postby regolith » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:55 pm

cow pollinater wrote:I guess I have to sit this one out. We haven't even had a taste of winter yet. It looks like August but without the leaves. :cry2:

Me too. I'm going to have to find something from spring 2011 when we had that 'once in 40 year' snowfall.

Couldn't you have posted this *before* I defrosted the deep freeze?
0 x
dunmovin

sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU

Postby sim.-ang.king » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:12 pm

Only got about 150 of those. :lol:
Which one? which one?
0 x
"Benign Neglect" -Dun

hillsdown
GURU
GURU

Postby hillsdown » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:01 pm

Just to clarify Ali , you want a winter scene depicting how cold it is ie a typical winter NOT a "season of winter" that is warm ,sunny and green ?
0 x
HD

{No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having the love of a dog makes you rich.
Louis Sabin}

alisonb
GURU
GURU

Postby alisonb » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:47 pm

hillsdown wrote:Just to clarify Ali , you want a winter scene depicting how cold it is ie a typical winter NOT a "season of winter" that is warm ,sunny and green ?

:nod: It does not necessarily have to have snow or icicles in the pic, it could be something like a landscape that has dry winter grass, trees with no leaves, cows huddled up in a group ect....the photographer has to capture the 'cold' in his/her pic.
0 x
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

Return to “Photo Contest”