Criminal Justice Fail in Boston

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Re: Criminal Justice Fail in Boston

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:25 am

sstterry wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
sstterry wrote:She made no secret that this is what she would do if elected. It was part of her platform. Just like the mess we are in nationally today, elections have consequences!

PS.... Ron, this has little chance of it being litigated. The D.A. has absolute discretion in whom and what to charge. The only way around it is for a private citizen to go directly to the Grand Jury for an indictment.

We're looking really good, thank you for your support of the US of A. You need to look no further than who stumped for her to know she's no good.

Vince,
Please don't question my patriotism! I am all about the USA. The USA of our forefathers, not the the USA of Trump. How many indictments have there been so far? How many guilty pleas? And how many lies does he tell on a daily basis? If Obama had done 1/100th of what Trump has done, your head would have exploded.

We'll have to wait and see how it all works out, and yes your right Barry he didn't do anything for the country. I feel it's a witch hunt sorta like slick willies deal with the dress and lie.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:30 am

Let's talk about values. I certainly believe in fiscal responsibility which they all ignore but I also believe in upholding values.

Today. Instead of debating the issues, the strategy is simply attack the person or the institution. That way you don't have to engage in a discussion you might lose. Similar to the "fake news" cliché of deflecting facts that don't suit one's fancy by simply labeling them as "fake". Facts and science are dismissed.

Let's not raise the next generation to carry on these traits. They need to be taught to think. I hope they are not like our leaders of today, who simply label anything that challenges them as "fake".

These indictments are not fake.
1 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:04 am

There is precedent for this, tho not nearly to this extreme.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

Hook2.0
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Hook2.0 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:50 pm

greybeard wrote:There is precedent for this, tho not nearly to this extreme.

There sure is. It’s called anarchy
0 x
Proud to be a multiplier

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:07 pm

It's not very often that elected officials do what they say if they get elected. This one gets an A+ for effort, IMO. Most of the career politicians on either side don't or didn't like him, which I see as a good thing. My feelings are the right man came along at the right time to save the US of A.
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:11 pm

Hook2.0 wrote:

One person's anarchy is another person's equal justice and treatment under the law I suppose.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

Covet Not!

Hook2.0
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Hook2.0 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:43 pm

greybeard wrote:
Hook2.0 wrote:

One person's anarchy is another person's equal justice and treatment under the law I suppose.

Laws are put in place to protect the populace. Not enforcing those laws is equal to anarchy. Otherwise, why have laws?
2 x
Proud to be a multiplier

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:57 pm

I'm all in favor of just laws and equal application toward all, in the enforcement of those laws. ALL
2 x

Covet Not!

SteppedInIt
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby SteppedInIt » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:33 pm

Hook2.0 wrote:
SteppedInIt wrote:I don't believe it. Makes too much sense.

Did you read the article.
Breaking and entering
Resisting arrest
Drug trafficking

None of those crimes will be prosecuted.
What could go wrong? :lol:

Yes I read it. Do you really believe they prosecute that petty BS anyway? I've got trespassers and theft. Sheriff ain't worried about it. If I catch them I'll sue them myself.
0 x
"When the People fear their government there is tyranny, when government fears the people there is liberty" - Thomas Jefferson

SteppedInIt
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby SteppedInIt » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:51 pm

How many of these fools actually go to trial? If a cop catches a fool with drugs he will get ticketed or arrested whether the DA prosecutes them or not. Also the same fool will probably plead guilt or take a deal anyway. It's not worth the money/time to go to trial for these petty things listed and I doubt they did before this woman was elected. Take the time and consider what was said without getting emotional about it.
0 x
"When the People fear their government there is tyranny, when government fears the people there is liberty" - Thomas Jefferson

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:25 am

SteppedInIt wrote:How many of these fools actually go to trial? If a cop catches a fool with drugs he will get ticketed or arrested whether the DA prosecutes them or not. Also the same fool will probably plead guilt or take a deal anyway. It's not worth the money/time to go to trial for these petty things listed and I doubt they did before this woman was elected. Take the time and consider what was said without getting emotional about it.

There's no deal to make or take if the DA doesn't pursue the crime, and a criminal would be foolish to plead guilty if he knows the case isn't going to go to trial. (It can't go to trial if the DA's office doesn't file the charge to get it on court docket.)
0 x

Covet Not!

Hook2.0
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Hook2.0 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:10 am

SteppedInIt wrote:
Hook2.0 wrote:
SteppedInIt wrote:I don't believe it. Makes too much sense.

Did you read the article.
Breaking and entering
Resisting arrest
Drug trafficking

None of those crimes will be prosecuted.
What could go wrong? :lol:

Yes I read it. Do you really believe they prosecute that petty BS anyway? I've got trespassers and theft. Sheriff ain't worried about it. If I catch them I'll sue them myself.

You live in a different place than I do. Here, get caught with weed, and it’s a ticket and mandatory court appearance. Breaking and entering you’re arrested. Trespassing after warning, yep....arrested.
Sell drugs....straight to jail

You’re going to sue someone breaking into your house or trespassing? What good will that do, they’re likly broke anyway. The only person winning that is the Lawyer. Oops, look at that, full circle right back to the court system. But this time on your dime, with guaranteed loss.
0 x
Proud to be a multiplier

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:33 am

yea let's let them do that "petty" stuff.. who cares.. I don't care if Im watching tv and some guys come breaking in.. WHO CARES!!!!!!

I'll tell them to help themselves to everything I own, and ask if they want anything to eat while they're loading up.
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”