Jayme Closs found............

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
jltrent
GURU
GURU

Jayme Closs found............

Post by jltrent » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:45 pm

https://www.foxnews.com/us/jayme-closs- ... on-of-teen

Jake Thomas Patterson, of Gordon, Wisconsin, was arrested Thursday on homicide and kidnapping charges. His initial court hearing is scheduled for Monday and records showed he does not have an attorney.

On Thursday, authorities announced Closs, 13, who disappeared in October, was found alive. She vanished on Oct. 15 after her parents – James Closs, 56, and Denise Closs, 46, - were shot dead at their home in Barron County.

Jake Thomas Patterson was arrested Thursday on homicide and kidnapping charges.

Jayme Closs 13 years old

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Jayme Closs found............

Post by Bigfoot » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:03 pm

Hadn’t heard about all this before today. A very confusing story to catch up on. At least the guy is caught, and maybe that young lady can assemble some sort of life for herself.
Your not a small business owner. Your a stay at home mom trapped in a pyramid scheme.

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Post by TCRanch » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:09 pm

I cannot imagine what that poor child endured. I can, however, imagine Mr. Patterson's reception and quite possibly short life in prison.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Post by True Grit Farms » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:29 pm

TCRanch wrote:I cannot imagine what that poor child endured. I can, however, imagine Mr. Patterson's reception and quite possibly short life in prison.

One can only hope.
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

76 Bar
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Post by 76 Bar » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:54 pm

http://www.startribune.com/for-jayme-closs-the-healing-process-is-just-beginning/504273072/
News from a little closer to home. Heartbreaking on all accounts. Although initially denied, my gut tells me she may have connected with Patterson on line. I hope not. If so, it'll add exponentially to cross she'll have to bear.

Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU

Post by Stocker Steve » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:42 am

Lots of coverage locally. In spite of the brave faces, some surprise that she was found alive. Had another famous case here where the pervert buried his victim on a farm... Law enforcement was not able to find the pervert much less the body - - but he later confessed as part of a deal on another case. Law enforcement does not seem effective with these "stranger" abductions.

I think a lesson here is that you can not count on 911 to save you in a rural location, especially if you have lots of internet friends.
Stocker Steve

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Post by TCRanch » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:37 am

His older brother was convicted of sexual assault in 2013. Begs the question, in what kind of environment were these boys raised?
https://www.kwch.com/content/news/Wisco ... 70271.html

Aaron
GURU
GURU

Post by Aaron » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:15 am

Stocker Steve wrote:I think a lesson here is that you can not count on 911 to save you in a rural location, especially if you have lots of internet friends.

I thought most everyone knew that. Which is why most country folks are well-armed, or at last should be. No worries here. Can easily take care of 1-2 undesirables at once here. 5-6 may pose a predicament. I wonder if there was any form of security in the Closs household?
cor durum laborem

Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU

Post by Stocker Steve » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:52 am

Aaron wrote:I wonder if there was any form of security in the Closs household?

She had a puppy. Hindsight says big and toothy would have been better to slow him up.
Stocker Steve

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Post by JMJ Farms » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:45 pm

Aaron wrote:
Stocker Steve wrote:I think a lesson here is that you can not count on 911 to save you in a rural location, especially if you have lots of internet friends.

I thought most everyone knew that. Which is why most country folks are well-armed, or at last should be. No worries here. Can easily take care of 1-2 undesirables at once here. 5-6 may pose a predicament. I wonder if there was any form of security in the Closs household?

I agree. But when you get shot in the head with a 12 gauge, through the door, no amount of firepower would matter. I guess we are gonna have to start assuming every time someone knocks on the door that they are a threat, which is border line living in fear, which is not much of a way to live. I bet it never crossed his mind when he went to answer the door.
Until we remember that the left wing and the right wing belong to the same bird and we come together as a nation then this country is in for more turmoil - Jogeephus

Aaron
GURU
GURU

Post by Aaron » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:08 pm

JMJ Farms wrote:
Aaron wrote:

I agree. But when you get shot in the head with a 12 gauge, through the door, no amount of firepower would matter. I guess we are gonna have to start assuming every time someone knocks on the door that they are a threat, which is border line living in fear, which is not much of a way to live. I bet it never crossed his mind when he went to answer the door.

Remote cameras are your friend. As well as designing your house to have different vantage points of view to the outside main entrance. I don't think I have ever answered the main door without taking a peek who is outside first. And when a stranger knocked on my door at 3 am on a wicked winter evening a few years ago, I did not answer without first having a loaded rifle in my hands. I don't plan to be a statistic.
cor durum laborem

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Post by JMJ Farms » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:15 pm

Aaron wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:
Aaron wrote:

Remote cameras are your friend. As well as designing your house to have different vantage points of view to the outside main entrance. I don't think I have ever answered the main door without taking a peek who is outside first. And when a stranger knocked on my door at 3 am on a wicked winter evening a few years ago, I did not answer without first having a loaded rifle in my hands. I don't plan to be a statistic.

I agree. It’s become imperative to look before opening the door. I’m not sure exactly how it happened but he was shot through the door in the head.

Funny thing, 10,15,20 years ago I had a lot of friends that would show up at various times needing a place to sleep it off. I’ve answered the door more times than I can count with my eyes matted shut and nothing on but a pair of drawers and never gave it a second thought. These days I wouldn’t even think about it! My how times have changed.
Until we remember that the left wing and the right wing belong to the same bird and we come together as a nation then this country is in for more turmoil - Jogeephus

Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU

Post by Stocker Steve » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:44 pm

[quote="JMJ Farms Remote cameras are your friend. [/quote]

You don't bring a smart phone to a gun fight,
and you don't open the door,
but you don't have time to go into the basement and dig in the safe,
before he kicks the door in...

So you need some help and it has to be handy.
Stocker Steve

Boot Jack Bulls
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Boot Jack Bulls » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:40 pm

This happened literally a handful of miles from where I sit right now. I drive by that house (on a large, very busy highway) about every two weeks. I have friends, family and co-workers who took part in the searches. Based on information newly released and some that I have known for a while simply due to my line of work, this tragedy was not something one can plan for/ against. I just hope at this point that the trial is soon so that our small town atmosphere can return and a semblance of normal life returns. It has been months of pain for this family, strain on our communities and brought much unwanted attention to our quite and rather peaceful lives.
Boot Jack Cattle LLC & Boot Jack Boers

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Post by True Grit Farms » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:48 pm

Boot Jack Bulls wrote:This happened literally a handful of miles from where I sit right now. I drive by that house (on a large, very busy highway) about every two weeks. I have friends, family and co-workers who took part in the searches. Based on information newly released and some that I have known for a while simply due to my line of work, this tragedy was not something one can plan for/ against. I just hope at this point that the trial is soon so that our small town atmosphere can return and a semblance of normal life returns. It has been months of pain for this family, strain on our communities and brought much unwanted attention to our quite and rather peaceful lives.

We'd always stop in Solon Springs for ice cream as a kid on our way to Hayward.
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.