Pay no attention to this post

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
User avatar
ga.prime
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4854
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:24 am
Location: So. Cent. Ga.

Re: Pay no attention to this post

Postby ga.prime » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:10 pm

Probably the same ones that remember Sweet Betsy From Pike.
1 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

User avatar
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5261
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Frost Bite Falls, Minnesota

Re: Pay no attention to this post

Postby Son of Butch » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:16 pm

Remember loading oxen into the cart to fjord rivers and taking wheat to grind for the winter at the nearest mill.
0 x

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 17066
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: Pay no attention to this post

Postby greybeard » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:22 am

cowboy43 wrote:Whose old enough to remember when traveling across country a water bag was hung off the front bumper..


The same guy that remembers when Moby Dick was a minnow and Capt Ahab was a seaman apprentice.

I do however, remembering traveling across Texas and you didn't stop at a cafe.you stopped at a store, and got sandwich stuff and ate at a roadside park or just on the side of the road under an oak tree to eat and you weren't worried about getting mugged by miscreants, run over by an 18 wheeler, solicited by hookers, or rousted out and sent on your way by the police.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

User avatar
Rafter S
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4118
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:13 am
Location: Grimes County, TX

Re: Pay no attention to this post

Postby Rafter S » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:38 am

greybeard wrote:
cowboy43 wrote:Whose old enough to remember when traveling across country a water bag was hung off the front bumper..


The same guy that remembers when Moby Dick was a minnow and Capt Ahab was a seaman apprentice.

I do however, remembering traveling across Texas and you didn't stop at a cafe.you stopped at a store, and got sandwich stuff and ate at a roadside park or just on the side of the road under an oak tree to eat and you weren't worried about getting mugged by miscreants, run over by an 18 wheeler, solicited by hookers, or rousted out and sent on your way by the police.


...but on the rare occasions that you did stop at a cafe, the waitress would automatically set a glass of water in front of you. You didn't have to ask for it like you do now.
0 x
Life is too short to drink cheap beer or dance with ugly women.

Dave
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6907
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:35 pm
Location: Baker County, Oregon

Re: Pay no attention to this post

Postby Dave » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:08 am

Rafter S wrote:
greybeard wrote:
cowboy43 wrote:Whose old enough to remember when traveling across country a water bag was hung off the front bumper..


The same guy that remembers when Moby Dick was a minnow and Capt Ahab was a seaman apprentice.

I do however, remembering traveling across Texas and you didn't stop at a cafe.you stopped at a store, and got sandwich stuff and ate at a roadside park or just on the side of the road under an oak tree to eat and you weren't worried about getting mugged by miscreants, run over by an 18 wheeler, solicited by hookers, or rousted out and sent on your way by the police.


...but on the rare occasions that you did stop at a cafe, the waitress would automatically set a glass of water in front of you. You didn't have to ask for it like you do now.


I remember the canvas water bag. I also remember traveling across Texas and us stopping to ask a Texas Ranger for direction. We were treated like criminals, pickup searched. Just for asking about directions. Didn't feel very welcomed.
0 x

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 29658
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Pay no attention to this post

Postby TexasBred » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:53 am

Rafter S wrote:
greybeard wrote:
cowboy43 wrote:Whose old enough to remember when traveling across country a water bag was hung off the front bumper..


The same guy that remembers when Moby Dick was a minnow and Capt Ahab was a seaman apprentice.

I do however, remembering traveling across Texas and you didn't stop at a cafe.you stopped at a store, and got sandwich stuff and ate at a roadside park or just on the side of the road under an oak tree to eat and you weren't worried about getting mugged by miscreants, run over by an 18 wheeler, solicited by hookers, or rousted out and sent on your way by the police.


...but on the rare occasions that you did stop at a cafe, the waitress would automatically set a glass of water in front of you. You didn't have to ask for it like you do now.

And everybody in the house was puffing on a Camel, Lucky Strike or roll your own.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

cowboy43
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1835
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:36 am
Location: Central Texas

Re: Pay no attention to this post

Postby cowboy43 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:14 pm

I am 74 today and have lived a clean life, I have never drinked, smoked , cussed or chased wild women. If I started doing these things now , I wonder how many years it would shorten my life. :cboy:
I do have one vice,I lie. :banana:
1 x

ez14.
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1080
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:42 pm
Location: west MI

Re: Pay no attention to this post

Postby ez14. » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:37 pm

cowboy43 wrote:I am 74 today and have lived a clean life, I have never drinked, smoked , cussed or chased wild women. If I started doing these things now , I wonder how many years it would shorten my life. :cboy:
I do have one vice,I lie. :banana:

This part was unnecessary
0 x

User avatar
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5261
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Frost Bite Falls, Minnesota

Re: Pay no attention to this post

Postby Son of Butch » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:15 am

It is believed 1/3 of sexual assault goes unreported. Meaning 2/3 is reported.
Of the reported investigated.
6% are completely false
Meaning 94% is true or contains some truth.
Make of it what you will. They are your sisters or daughters.
0 x

User avatar
M-5
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6924
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:41 pm
Location: AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers

Re: Pay no attention to this post

Postby M-5 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:11 am

Son of Butch wrote:It is believed 1/3 of sexual assault goes unreported. Meaning 2/3 is reported.
Of the reported investigated.
6% are completely false
Meaning 94% is true or contains some truth.
Make of it what you will. They are your sisters or daughters.

6% of our sons and brothers are unjustly crucified
1 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

User avatar
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5261
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Frost Bite Falls, Minnesota

Re: Pay no attention to this post

Postby Son of Butch » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:33 am

Tourism Slogan for Wisconsin - Come and smell our "Dairy Air."
1 x

User avatar
ga.prime
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4854
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:24 am
Location: So. Cent. Ga.

Re: Pay no attention to this post

Postby ga.prime » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:13 pm

46 updates available on my smartphone, I'm so excited I don't know what to do
2 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 17066
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: Pay no attention to this post

Postby greybeard » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:07 pm

ga.prime wrote:46 updates available on my smartphone, I'm so excited I don't know what to do

Well, if you never make another post, we'll know you decided to install the updates,.....
2 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

User avatar
ga.prime
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4854
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:24 am
Location: So. Cent. Ga.

Re: Pay no attention to this post

Postby ga.prime » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:26 pm

The more people talk, the more apparent it becomes how little they know..
2 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 29658
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Pay no attention to this post

Postby TexasBred » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:09 pm

ga.prime wrote:The more people talk, the more apparent it becomes how little they know..


What's that suppose to mean? :shock: :???: :lol2:
3 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????


Return to “Every Thing Else Board”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests