EPA

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Re: EPA

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:34 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Wrong answer. We need state regulations more so than federal regulations,.....

I think that is what I said in my two bullet summary. Where we may disagree is in a federal role to ensure a level of consistency.

Let me use an example. Kentucky and Ohio share the Ohio River for a domestic water supple. If states are totally independent, Kentucky could pollute the Ohio to the degree that Ohio citizens have no good domestic water supply. There is a real need to ensure that State A don't shyt in State B's nest.

True, the problem is when the EPA or any other government agencies try to apply what their doing in state A or B in my state. Overreach is the problem and there's no checks and balances to the federal employees that abuse their positions. Any government employee's that take bribes or payoffs needs to be tried for treason, if found guilty they need to be hung by the neck till dead.

Ok. We have achieved a level of agreement on the scope and role of regulatory agencies.

You have moved the discussion to crimes committed in the performance of their duties. Those crimes you reference are currently codified in federal and state law. Treason is not generally a charge made for bribery or accepting gratuities for not performing your duties.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:48 am

Bright Raven wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
I think that is what I said in my two bullet summary. Where we may disagree is in a federal role to ensure a level of consistency.

Let me use an example. Kentucky and Ohio share the Ohio River for a domestic water supple. If states are totally independent, Kentucky could pollute the Ohio to the degree that Ohio citizens have no good domestic water supply. There is a real need to ensure that State A don't shyt in State B's nest.

True, the problem is when the EPA or any other government agencies try to apply what their doing in state A or B in my state. Overreach is the problem and there's no checks and balances to the federal employees that abuse their positions. Any government employee's that take bribes or payoffs needs to be tried for treason, if found guilty they need to be hung by the neck till dead.

Ok. We have achieved a level of agreement on the scope and role of regulatory agencies.

You have moved the discussion to crimes committed in the performance of their duties. Those crimes you reference are currently codified in federal and state law. Treason is not generally a charge made for bribery or accepting gratuities for not performing your duties.

trea·son
ˈtrēzən/Submit
noun
the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government.
"they were convicted of treason"
synonyms: treachery, disloyalty, betrayal, faithlessness; More
the action of betraying someone or something.
plural noun: treasons
"doubt is the ultimate treason against faith"
historical
the crime of murdering someone to whom the murderer owed allegiance, such as a master or husband.
noun: petty treason; plural noun: petty treaso
Seems like exactly what I'm talking about, we the people are the government. Taking a early retirement isn't right for someone that cost you the farm
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:59 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:True, the problem is when the EPA or any other government agencies try to apply what their doing in state A or B in my state. Overreach is the problem and there's no checks and balances to the federal employees that abuse their positions. Any government employee's that take bribes or payoffs needs to be tried for treason, if found guilty they need to be hung by the neck till dead.

trea·son
ˈtrēzən/Submit
noun
the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government.
historical
the crime of murdering someone to whom the murderer owed allegiance, such as a master or husband.
Seems like exactly what I'm talking about, we the people are the government. Taking a early retirement isn't right for someone that cost you the farm

You are being dramatic. I understand your concept but no prosecutor would give that a thought. The charge would be dismissed and the credibility of the prosecutor would be soiled.
0 x
Diogenes.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:13 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

trea·son
ˈtrēzən/Submit
noun
historical

You are being dramatic. I understand your concept but no prosecutor would give that a thought. The charge would be dismissed and the credibility of the prosecutor would be soiled.

Not if I was the prosecutor, and if said person was found guilty, and I hung him ASAP. We the people own this country, we just need to cash the check and take it back.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:14 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:trea·son
ˈtrēzən/Submit
noun
historical

Not if I was the prosecutor, and if said person was found guilty I hung him ASAP. We the people own this country, we just need to cash the check and take it back.

If frogs had wings they could fly...
0 x
Diogenes.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:16 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

Not if I was the prosecutor, and if said person was found guilty I hung him ASAP. We the people own this country, we just need to cash the check and take it back.

If frogs had wings they could fly...

There's always a possibility, especially if judged by jury trail.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:24 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:There's always a possibility, especially if judged by jury trail.

Technology is good and evil. One can communicate with anyone on the globe. Information in the form of everything from real news to absolute fake propaganda is pushed at us by the truck load. Everyone has a label for whoever they disagree with or hate. Every morning, there is always a number of posts whinning about those who have different views. If someone disagrees, rather than tolerate an opposing view, they resort to the security of their liberal label. Anyone they don't agree with is a liberal.
So many damm labels to express their inability to understand we all don't have the same ideas.
1 x
Diogenes.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:29 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:There's always a possibility, especially if judged by jury trail.

Technology is good and evil. One can communicate with anyone on the globe. Information in the form of everything from real news to absolute fake propaganda is pushed at us by the truck load. Everyone has a label for whoever they disagree with or hate. Every morning, there is always a number of posts whinning about those who have different views. If someone disagrees, rather than tolerate an opposing view, they resort to the security of their liberal label. Anyone they don't agree with is a liberal.
So many damm labels to express their inability to understand we all don't have the same ideas.

Tolerate is a liberal term, calling someone a liberal sure beats actually telling them how you really feel. I'm planning on hanging onto "True Grit Farms" on CT and not lose it on some idiot. A good face to face meeting with some folks would relieve a lot of stress, I learned that trick from playing sports.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:08 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

Tolerate is a liberal term, calling someone a liberal sure beats actually telling them how you really feel. I'm planning on hanging onto "True Grit Farms" on CT and not lose it on some idiot. A good face to face meeting with some folks would relieve a lot of stress, I learned that trick from playing sports.

Understood. I guess I am just whinning. ;-)
0 x
Diogenes.

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”