DB Cooper

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

DB Cooper

Postby Bestoutwest » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:01 pm

Is this the guy? I'm thinking we'll never know, but a good conspiracy is always fun.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ntity.html
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

Ouachita
GURU
GURU

Re: DB Cooper

Postby Ouachita » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:31 pm

I don't know what to believe about any of this newfound info, but I have always been fascinated with this event, even before I hired the kid that found some of the money.
Brian Ingram lives here, and I hired him in 2003. Unbeknownst to me when I hired him, he was indeed the same Brian Ingram. He brought some the money to work one day. He worked for me just a few months.
My day job is aviation related, so this historical event has always intrigued me.
1 x
If a really diligent man puts all of his energy into the exclusive effort, a molehill can be made into a mountain

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:56 pm

It was all the news in the day,we’ll never know IMO.
I always believed he got away with it.
0 x
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:18 pm

Sure I too wanted a happy ending and being eaten by a bear that used the cash for toilet paper is not a happy ending.
IF not a happy ending, I prefer not to know.
1 x

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:29 pm

Ouachita wrote:I don't know what to believe about any of this newfound info, but I have always been fascinated with this event, even before I hired the kid that found some of the money.
Brian Ingram lives here, and I hired him in 2003. Unbeknownst to me when I hired him, he was indeed the same Brian Ingram. He brought some the money to work one day. He worked for me just a few months.
My day job is aviation related, so this historical event has always intrigued me.

That's a really interesting story. And it's pretty wild he was able to keep some of the cash. I suspect it will end up on Pawn Stars 3.0 in 2035 when he's looking for some extra spending money in his retirement.
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

Ouachita
GURU
GURU

Postby Ouachita » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:06 pm

Brian has sold some of the money. He usually waits until a new revelation hits the news. He does good with it.
0 x
If a really diligent man puts all of his energy into the exclusive effort, a molehill can be made into a mountain

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”