Scheduled heart device implant for Thursday morning.

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Re: Scheduled heart device implant for Thursday morning.

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:47 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:Hope that goes well. Crap, getting old is heII, dying is easy! I cannot imagine any reason to be afraid of death.

Well I don't agree with anything but the first sentence. Getting old beats the alternative, dying sure doesn't look easy to me from the outside looking in, I'd be lying if I said I'm not afraid of dying, at least I know what I have here and where I'm going.

About a week ago, I was checking the mineral feeder. In less than a heartbeat, the world was spinning around me. Like a flash, I recognized that I was going to faint. I went down, I barely hit the ground with my knees when I regained full consciousness.

I have a friend who is an EMS employee. He took my blood pressure. It was 106/64. My pulse was 54.

I called my brother and ask that he and I make contact once a day. Because if I drop dead, I don't want my 2 dogs to die of thirst.

But one thing this taught me: GOING OUT LIKE A LIGHT IS THE EASIEST TASK THAT A HUMAN WILL EVER COMPLETE.

Dying is easy. The devil is in getting everything in order while you are still in a conscious state.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

Aaron
GURU
GURU

Postby Aaron » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:54 pm

Hope everything went well for you GB! Wishing you a speedy and uneventful recovery.

CT has had a love/hate relationship with me all this past week, so I just seen this thread.
0 x
Nothin' prettier than a red Ford truck, a Massey Ferguson tractor and a red-n-white Hereford sittin' on the farm.

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:13 am

Clinical study on efficacy and safety of the Watchman based on 106 patients age 50-88 at a high risk for strokes.
94.3% success rate implanting the device without complication (1 blockage, 1 stroke, 8 minor fluid build ups)
12 month survival rate: 100% of all 106 patients (no deaths) (2 strokes)
conclusion: safe and useful while being credited with a 50% reduction in the expected rate of strokes
0 x

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Postby wbvs58 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:05 am

Bright Raven wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:Hope that goes well. Crap, getting old is heII, dying is easy! I cannot imagine any reason to be afraid of death.

Well I don't agree with anything but the first sentence. Getting old beats the alternative, dying sure doesn't look easy to me from the outside looking in, I'd be lying if I said I'm not afraid of dying, at least I know what I have here and where I'm going.

About a week ago, I was checking the mineral feeder. In less than a heartbeat, the world was spinning around me. Like a flash, I recognized that I was going to faint. I went down, I barely hit the ground with my knees when I regained full consciousness.

I have a friend who is an EMS employee. He took my blood pressure. It was 106/64. My pulse was 54.

I called my brother and ask that he and I make contact once a day. Because if I drop dead, I don't want my 2 dogs to die of thirst.

But one thing this taught me: GOING OUT LIKE A LIGHT IS THE EASIEST TASK THAT A HUMAN WILL EVER COMPLETE.

Dying is easy. The devil is in getting everything in order while you are still in a conscious state.

Hope all is OK Ron. We can hope that it is going to be like the lights going out while we are still relatively well, it is the protracted time in a nursing facility that is a bit of a worry. I can't sit or lie in the one spot for too long.

Ken
1 x

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:20 am

No worries Ken, if you fall into a coma, laying in one spot is a short learning curve. grrr no smiley emjies to use.
0 x

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:09 am

Bright Raven wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:

Dropping acid is so 1970's. Dam hippies.
1 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

ez14.
GURU
GURU

Postby ez14. » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:12 am

Son of Butch wrote:No worries Ken, if you fall into a coma, laying in one spot is a short learning curve. grrr no smiley emjies to use.

I'm sure you made him feel a lot better!
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:52 am

GB just text me he survived is going have to stay in the hospital a little longer.
Copy of text.
It appears i have survived the procedure but will be in hosp a while longer..
3 x
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

ez14.
GURU
GURU

Postby ez14. » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:08 am

Caustic Burno wrote:GB just text me he survived is going have to stay in the hospital a little longer.
Copy of text.
It appears i have survived the procedure but will be in hosp a while longer..
thanks for the update, and tell him we are waiting for his return to the forum!
1 x

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:47 am

Am glad to hear he is doing alright.

My son called last Friday to say he did his first solo open heart surgery doing a valve replacement on a patient and the outcome was good. I don't know who was prouder, he or I. Seemed like yesterday I was teaching him how to cut bull calves and now he's cutting on people. Its amazing what they can do now.
2 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:08 am

I can picture GB...

2 x
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU

Postby sim.-ang.king » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:55 am

Jogeephus wrote:Am glad to hear he is doing alright.

My son called last Friday to say he did his first solo open heart surgery doing a valve replacement on a patient and the outcome was good. I don't know who was prouder, he or I. Seemed like yesterday I was teaching him how to cut bull calves and now he's cutting on people. Its amazing what they can do now.

I bet not a lot at med school could say they learned how to operate by cutting bulls. :lol:
1 x
"Benign Neglect" -Dun

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:59 pm

I am home. Going to be awhile before I do anything, but sit on my backside...........

My 'normal' BP is barely 100 over 60-65. My normal pulse rate at rest is 50-55, but not unusual at night when sleeping to dip into the mid-to-upper 40s. My primary care doc and my cardi

Ron, that fainting sounds more like a glucose problem, unless you have some serious cardio problems, like plugged arteries.
You just got a warning.......don't ignore it.

(there are several antibiotics (for humans) that I've taken that will cause dizziness when you get up too fast or bend over real low.)
Last edited by greybeard on Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:09 pm

Get well soon
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:42 pm

Glad you're home! Enjoy sitting on your backside for a while.
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”