Scheduled heart device implant for Thursday morning.

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7583
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Scheduled heart device implant for Thursday morning.

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:47 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:Hope that goes well. Crap, getting old is heII, dying is easy! I cannot imagine any reason to be afraid of death.


Well I don't agree with anything but the first sentence. Getting old beats the alternative, dying sure doesn't look easy to me from the outside looking in, I'd be lying if I said I'm not afraid of dying, at least I know what I have here and where I'm going.


About a week ago, I was checking the mineral feeder. In less than a heartbeat, the world was spinning around me. Like a flash, I recognized that I was going to faint. I went down, I barely hit the ground with my knees when I regained full consciousness.

I have a friend who is an EMS employee. He took my blood pressure. It was 106/64. My pulse was 54.

I called my brother and ask that he and I make contact once a day. Because if I drop dead, I don't want my 2 dogs to die of thirst.

But one thing this taught me: GOING OUT LIKE A LIGHT IS THE EASIEST TASK THAT A HUMAN WILL EVER COMPLETE.

Dying is easy. The devil is in getting everything in order while you are still in a conscious state.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

User avatar
Aaron
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4315
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: Stratton, ON, Canada
Contact:

Re: Scheduled heart device implant for Thursday morning.

Postby Aaron » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:54 pm

Hope everything went well for you GB! Wishing you a speedy and uneventful recovery.

CT has had a love/hate relationship with me all this past week, so I just seen this thread.
0 x
Nothin' prettier than a red Ford truck, a Massey Ferguson tractor and a red-n-white Hereford sittin' on the farm.

User avatar
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5251
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Frost Bite Falls, Minnesota

Re: Scheduled heart device implant for Thursday morning.

Postby Son of Butch » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:13 am

Clinical study on efficacy and safety of the Watchman based on 106 patients age 50-88 at a high risk for strokes.
94.3% success rate implanting the device without complication (1 blockage, 1 stroke, 8 minor fluid build ups)
12 month survival rate: 100% of all 106 patients (no deaths) (2 strokes)
conclusion: safe and useful while being credited with a 50% reduction in the expected rate of strokes
0 x

wbvs58
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3982
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:45 am
Location: S.E. Queensland, Australia

Re: Scheduled heart device implant for Thursday morning.

Postby wbvs58 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:05 am

Bright Raven wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:Hope that goes well. Crap, getting old is heII, dying is easy! I cannot imagine any reason to be afraid of death.


Well I don't agree with anything but the first sentence. Getting old beats the alternative, dying sure doesn't look easy to me from the outside looking in, I'd be lying if I said I'm not afraid of dying, at least I know what I have here and where I'm going.


About a week ago, I was checking the mineral feeder. In less than a heartbeat, the world was spinning around me. Like a flash, I recognized that I was going to faint. I went down, I barely hit the ground with my knees when I regained full consciousness.

I have a friend who is an EMS employee. He took my blood pressure. It was 106/64. My pulse was 54.

I called my brother and ask that he and I make contact once a day. Because if I drop dead, I don't want my 2 dogs to die of thirst.

But one thing this taught me: GOING OUT LIKE A LIGHT IS THE EASIEST TASK THAT A HUMAN WILL EVER COMPLETE.

Dying is easy. The devil is in getting everything in order while you are still in a conscious state.


Hope all is OK Ron. We can hope that it is going to be like the lights going out while we are still relatively well, it is the protracted time in a nursing facility that is a bit of a worry. I can't sit or lie in the one spot for too long.

Ken
1 x

User avatar
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5251
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Frost Bite Falls, Minnesota

Re: Scheduled heart device implant for Thursday morning.

Postby Son of Butch » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:20 am

No worries Ken, if you fall into a coma, laying in one spot is a short learning curve. grrr no smiley emjies to use.
0 x

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1901
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: Scheduled heart device implant for Thursday morning.

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:09 am

Bright Raven wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:Hope that goes well. Crap, getting old is heII, dying is easy! I cannot imagine any reason to be afraid of death.


Well I don't agree with anything but the first sentence. Getting old beats the alternative, dying sure doesn't look easy to me from the outside looking in, I'd be lying if I said I'm not afraid of dying, at least I know what I have here and where I'm going.


About a week ago, I was checking the mineral feeder. In less than a heartbeat, the world was spinning around me. Like a flash, I recognized that I was going to faint. I went down, I barely hit the ground with my knees when I regained full consciousness.

I have a friend who is an EMS employee. He took my blood pressure. It was 106/64. My pulse was 54.

I called my brother and ask that he and I make contact once a day. Because if I drop dead, I don't want my 2 dogs to die of thirst.

But one thing this taught me: GOING OUT LIKE A LIGHT IS THE EASIEST TASK THAT A HUMAN WILL EVER COMPLETE.

Dying is easy. The devil is in getting everything in order while you are still in a conscious state.


Dropping acid is so 1970's. Dam hippies.
1 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

ez14.
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1066
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:42 pm
Location: west MI

Re: Scheduled heart device implant for Thursday morning.

Postby ez14. » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:12 am

Son of Butch wrote:No worries Ken, if you fall into a coma, laying in one spot is a short learning curve. grrr no smiley emjies to use.

I'm sure you made him feel a lot better!
0 x

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 22858
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas

Re: Scheduled heart device implant for Thursday morning.

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:52 am

GB just text me he survived is going have to stay in the hospital a little longer.
Copy of text.
It appears i have survived the procedure but will be in hosp a while longer..
3 x
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

ez14.
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1066
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:42 pm
Location: west MI

Re: Scheduled heart device implant for Thursday morning.

Postby ez14. » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:08 am

Caustic Burno wrote:GB just text me he survived is going have to stay in the hospital a little longer.
Copy of text.
It appears i have survived the procedure but will be in hosp a while longer..
thanks for the update, and tell him we are waiting for his return to the forum!
1 x

User avatar
Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 24075
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:44 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Scheduled heart device implant for Thursday morning.

Postby Jogeephus » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:47 am

Am glad to hear he is doing alright.

My son called last Friday to say he did his first solo open heart surgery doing a valve replacement on a patient and the outcome was good. I don't know who was prouder, he or I. Seemed like yesterday I was teaching him how to cut bull calves and now he's cutting on people. Its amazing what they can do now.
2 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

User avatar
Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 13584
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:37 pm
Location: Lillooet, BC, Canada

Re: Scheduled heart device implant for Thursday morning.

Postby Nesikep » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:08 am

I can picture GB...

2 x
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4316
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:17 pm
Location: Southern IL
Contact:

Re: Scheduled heart device implant for Thursday morning.

Postby sim.-ang.king » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:55 am

Jogeephus wrote:Am glad to hear he is doing alright.

My son called last Friday to say he did his first solo open heart surgery doing a valve replacement on a patient and the outcome was good. I don't know who was prouder, he or I. Seemed like yesterday I was teaching him how to cut bull calves and now he's cutting on people. Its amazing what they can do now.

I bet not a lot at med school could say they learned how to operate by cutting bulls. :lol:
1 x
"Benign Neglect" -Dun

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 17045
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: Scheduled heart device implant for Thursday morning.

Postby greybeard » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:59 pm

I am home. Going to be awhile before I do anything, but sit on my backside...........

My 'normal' BP is barely 100 over 60-65. My normal pulse rate at rest is 50-55, but not unusual at night when sleeping to dip into the mid-to-upper 40s. My primary care doc and my cardi

Ron, that fainting sounds more like a glucose problem, unless you have some serious cardio problems, like plugged arteries.
You just got a warning.......don't ignore it.

(there are several antibiotics (for humans) that I've taken that will cause dizziness when you get up too fast or bend over real low.)
Last edited by greybeard on Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

User avatar
M-5
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6924
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:41 pm
Location: AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers

Re: Scheduled heart device implant for Thursday morning.

Postby M-5 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:09 pm

Get well soon
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

User avatar
TCRanch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3191
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:21 am
Location: Winfield, KS

Re: Scheduled heart device implant for Thursday morning.

Postby TCRanch » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:42 pm

Glad you're home! Enjoy sitting on your backside for a while.
0 x


Return to “Every Thing Else Board”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests