Scheduled heart device implant for Thursday morning.

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Scheduled heart device implant for Thursday morning.

Postby greybeard » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:56 pm

M-5 wrote:Have they restricted your walking ??? you can kill hours just walking. That's what i have always done after a surgery that restricted working. However i've never had anything that evasive as a heart surgery

Yeah, I talked to them today about walking. No extended walking, no treadmill, no cycling or riding the 4 wheeler. (wife and I ride bicycles, (laugh if ya want to, it don't bother me) I needed to to keep weight off and keep my blood sugar in check) Most of the restrictions are related to the hole they poked in my groin. It's lots bigger than the one they did in 2015 when they did the angiogram)
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:41 am

Heed those restrictions! You can bleed out in a matter of seconds if you pop the plug.
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:43 am

greybeard wrote:
M-5 wrote:Have they restricted your walking ??? you can kill hours just walking. That's what i have always done after a surgery that restricted working. However i've never had anything that evasive as a heart surgery

Yeah, I talked to them today about walking. No extended walking, no treadmill, no cycling or riding the 4 wheeler. (wife and I ride bicycles, (laugh if ya want to, it don't bother me) I needed to to keep weight off and keep my blood sugar in check) Most of the restrictions are related to the hole they poked in my groin. It's lots bigger than the one they did in 2015 when they did the angiogram)

I would only laugh if you wear one of those Lycra neon body shorts and wear a clam shell helmet.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:23 pm

greybeard wrote:

Glad you made it ok and are doing well.
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

melking
GURU
GURU

Postby melking » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:57 am

Glad you are okay GB!
0 x
One thing you will never hear a southern boy say....Duct tape won't fix that, except, even duct tape can't fix stupid. It can, however, muffle it.

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:21 pm

I'm worried about Mrs. Greybeard. Are you driving her up the wall yet?
Glad the procedure went well and you're on the mend. You will be playing catch up on all your projects before you know it. Happy healing!
3 x
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are. -Anais Nin
Happy people build their inner world; unhappy people blame their outer world. -Dalai Lama

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:37 am

She IS the wall....
:bang:
2 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

Covet Not!

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:22 pm

greybeard wrote:She IS the wall....
:bang:

I feel her pain!
0 x

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:53 pm

Just saw this now as my computer has been messed up for a few days. Good to hear you are doing good.
0 x

ohiosteve
GURU
GURU

Postby ohiosteve » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:22 pm

I just read all this, that is some scary stuff, I'm glad it went well. I finally got health insurance and have been seeing a doctor, turns out my blood pressure was sky high and he's not sure why. Really has me worried I go to a hematologist in a couple weeks.
0 x
The truest of warriors is often overlooked.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:49 pm

ohiosteve wrote:I just read all this, that is some scary stuff, I'm glad it went well. I finally got health insurance and have been seeing a doctor, turns out my blood pressure was sky high and he's not sure why. Really has me worried I go to a hematologist in a couple weeks.

No matter what the doctor says start off slow and easy, you've made it this far as you are.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:24 pm

Interesting to see how this works for you and how you get along as preventing the blood clots is the biggest danger and this looks like it will help.
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:24 pm

Had my weekly followup today a few days early. Still some serious soreness, swelling and bruising "down there" where they inserted the tooling in the artery to reach into my heart, and, that whole area is a dark purple, but it should start going away soon.

Had a minor scare late last week. A lump started growing in my groin about where the incision was, but down a little deeper. Dr was in surgery so I saw his asst and she sent me over same day (thrusday) for an ultrascan of it and she called me Friday. The tech said it was an "unidentifiable mass' that looked like enlarged lymph node. (lymphoma runs in my family) Back to the lab for a full blood panel and had to go in today so the cardio electrician that did the procedure could look at it first hand. Said it was bruising on the artery around the plug they put in it. He didn't like my blood work results and asked about my diet after looking at my extended cardio chart for the last 2 years. Said "You've lost nearly 60 lbs in the last year..what you been eating?"
I told him, honestly and he told me to "lay off that lean pork and chicken breasts and eat more beef", You need to build your blood back up so we don't have to start iron infusions".

So, I stopped at Hofbrau in Porter on the way home ..........

Yep, tough world, but orders is orders and like a good Marine, I always follow orders. Probably not what he had in mind, but gotta start somewhere....... It's what's for dinner.....
(My full time regular cardiologist had always told me "You can eat all the lean beef you want, just avoid fatty food")
0 x

Covet Not!

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:30 pm

0 x
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:49 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/geritol-liquid-high-potency-vitamin-%26-iron-supplement-with-ferrex-tonic/ID=prod6112604-product

Geritol

That crap's for old fogies like you....and, I'm not to take any vitamin supplements while on Warfarin (next 6-8 weeks) . Especially if they have any VitE and VitK. They are Warfarin antagonists.
0 x

Covet Not!

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”