WTH

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
cowgirl8
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4702
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:37 am
Location: NE Texas

WTH

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:39 am

Got a call from our daughter who lives across the road from us. Said they found a 9MM bullet lodged in their daughters bed. Just south of them, a guy target shoots on the back end of his property (I guess because he doesn't want stray bullets to hit his house or family). I heard him out there yesterday. Apparently one of his bullets strayed and went through the wall and into my granddaughters bed. SIL said that he suspected the guy was shooting in their direction because he could sometimes hear things fall into the trees above his head. But really thought the guy was smart enough to have a berm or was shooting away from their house...but I guess not...
Who knows what this day will bring....
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

ddd75
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2130
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:47 am
Location: KY

Re: WTH

Postby ddd75 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:01 am

thats scary
0 x

Cross-7
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2104
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:22 pm
Location: SW OK

Re: WTH

Postby Cross-7 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:50 am

How do you know it’s a 9mm
0 x

User avatar
1982vett
GURU
GURU
Posts: 8481
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:57 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: WTH

Postby 1982vett » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:56 am

So what’s going to happen next....?
0 x
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day. ~Harry S. Truman

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3712
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Yantis, Texas

Re: WTH

Postby hurleyjd » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:05 am

Several years ago a person found his dog dead from a gun shot. Very high caliber and not very popular. One person about a half mile away had this type gun. He said that they were shooting across their pond and into the bank. The assumption was that some how a bullet hit the water and glanced and hit the dog. No one denied anything.
0 x

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:25 pm

Re: WTH

Postby jehosofat » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:08 am

Cross-7 wrote:How do you know it’s a 9mm


Exactly, could be a 380, 9mm, 38, 357, etc, etc.
0 x

M.Magis
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1697
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:29 pm
Location: Cambridge, Ohio

Re: WTH

Postby M.Magis » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:22 am

I suppose in this case the caliber isn't terribly important...
0 x

Cross-7
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2104
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:22 pm
Location: SW OK

Re: WTH

Postby Cross-7 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:26 am

I wasn’t questioning anything
I was just curious how they knew it was 9mm
0 x

User avatar
jltrent
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2309
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:04 pm

Re: WTH

Postby jltrent » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:05 am

Lost two cows that way. Neighbor had his target setup bout a half mile away in the direction of a path the cattle used daily. There they both laid dead right on the path. The bullets went through trees and you could not see the path from his target. Had a talk with him and he did stop, but never seen a dime for my dead cows.

Had some Mexican's a few years ago not far from me every evening sounded like WW3 and I could hear the bullets come in my directions. I went and got my Mini-14 and unloaded a few clips (magazines) back in their direction (made sure they hit in a safe place). I never heard them shoot again.
0 x

User avatar
OwnedByTheCow
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:22 pm
Location: Nowhere New Hampshire

Re: WTH

Postby OwnedByTheCow » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:21 am

jltrent wrote:Lost two cows that way. Neighbor had his target setup bout a half mile away in the direction of a path the cattle used daily. There they both laid dead right on the path. The bullets went through trees and you could not see the path from his target. Had a talk with him and he did stop, but never seen a dime for my dead cows.

Had some Mexican's a few years ago not far from me every evening sounded like WW3 and I could hear the bullets come in my directions. I went and got my Mini-14 and unloaded a few clips (magazines) back in their direction (made sure they hit in a safe place). I never heard them shoot again.

Did you ask him to pay you for the cows?
0 x
Be decisive, wether right or wrong.
The road of life is paved with many flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision.

User avatar
OwnedByTheCow
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:22 pm
Location: Nowhere New Hampshire

Re: WTH

Postby OwnedByTheCow » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:23 am

What's going to happen now?
0 x
Be decisive, wether right or wrong.
The road of life is paved with many flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision.

User avatar
jltrent
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2309
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:04 pm

Re: WTH

Postby jltrent » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:41 am

OwnedByTheCow wrote:
jltrent wrote:Lost two cows that way. Neighbor had his target setup bout a half mile away in the direction of a path the cattle used daily. There they both laid dead right on the path. The bullets went through trees and you could not see the path from his target. Had a talk with him and he did stop, but never seen a dime for my dead cows.

Had some Mexican's a few years ago not far from me every evening sounded like WW3 and I could hear the bullets come in my directions. I went and got my Mini-14 and unloaded a few clips (magazines) back in their direction (made sure they hit in a safe place). I never heard them shoot again.

Did you ask him to pay you for the cows?
I think he was fourteen at the time and just got a new .22. I was be nice, but knew I was wasting my time trying to collect as I didn't see him shoot them and it was a half mile away, so not 100% sure, but maybe 99%. Just part of farming, what do you do and his family probably wouldn't have paid.
0 x

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1903
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: WTH

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:05 pm

Cross-7 wrote:I wasn’t questioning anything
I was just curious how they knew it was 9mm


I suppose that starting with a set of calipers or a micrometer would be the logical first step, but I’m no forensic crime scene investigatory expert.
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

User avatar
ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15583
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: Alabama the Beautiful

Re: WTH

Postby ALACOWMAN » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:09 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:Got a call from our daughter who lives across the road from us. Said they found a 9MM bullet lodged in their daughters bed. Just south of them, a guy target shoots on the back end of his property (I guess because he doesn't want stray bullets to hit his house or family). I heard him out there yesterday. Apparently one of his bullets strayed and went through the wall and into my granddaughters bed. SIL said that he suspected the guy was shooting in their direction because he could sometimes hear things fall into the trees above his head. But really thought the guy was smart enough to have a berm or was shooting away from their house...but I guess not...
Who knows what this day will bring....
I know what his day would bring, if I found out about it....
0 x
that awkward moment,when the zombies are searching for brains.and pass you by..

Cross-7
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2104
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:22 pm
Location: SW OK

Re: WTH

Postby Cross-7 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:20 pm

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:
Cross-7 wrote:I wasn’t questioning anything
I was just curious how they knew it was 9mm


I suppose that starting with a set of calipers or a micrometer would be the logical first step, but I’m no forensic crime scene investigatory expert.


I guess when I read it being lodged in the bed I assumed in the headboard or whatever and it would have been flared out or something.
I wouldn’t have thought about digging it out and trying to mic it to determine the caliber.
Anyway just curious
0 x


Return to “Every Thing Else Board”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests