WTH

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Re: WTH

Postby cowgirl8 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:48 pm

I am willing to sell the rights to the story for $50,000.00
1 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:52 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:I am willing to sell the rights to the story for $50,000.00

Let me check with the Producers of Forensic Files. That seems like a very generous price given the quality of the theme.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:56 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
backhoeboogie wrote: A 300 weatherby has been on the bucket list most of my adult life but I simply don't hunt big game to warrant buying one. So I don't have a need to be well versed in ballistics.

Send GB a PM. He can look up the trajectory charts on a .300 Weatherby Magnum. You need to give him the bullet weight you plan to use. If you are shooting handloads, give him the type powder and the weight of the charge.

He won't have to. someone has already done all that just as they did with the alleged 9mm and the bullet was able to maintain just enough velocity and energy to penetrate a balloon at a very sharp angle.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:58 pm

greybeard wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
backhoeboogie wrote: A 300 weatherby has been on the bucket list most of my adult life but I simply don't hunt big game to warrant buying one. So I don't have a need to be well versed in ballistics.

Send GB a PM. He can look up the trajectory charts on a .300 Weatherby Magnum. You need to give him the bullet weight you plan to use. If you are shooting handloads, give him the type powder and the weight of the charge.

He won't have to. someone has already done all that just as they did with the alleged 9mm and the bullet was able to maintain just enough velocity and energy to penetrate a balloon at a very sharp angle.

Trajectory tables are available for every calibre known to humans. As you know, they are based on mass and velocity of projectile.
0 x
Diogenes.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:08 pm

Still Einstein's most notable equation.

It is fundamental to ballistics. The energy which Americans as primitives measure in foot-pounds is arrived at by that equation.

Einstein's most famous equation, E = mc^2, falls into that category, stating that the energy content of a massive body is equal to that object's mass times the speed of light squared. ... meter squared per second squared, or a mass multiplied by a velocity squared.
1 x
Diogenes.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:23 pm

greybeard wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

GB. I know I am splitting hairs but the energy incorporates mass x velocity squared to arrive at the units of energy. It is the energy that exerts an effect upon the object it strikes. Remember, her story was partly to entertain the audience of CT. Which by the way, she has mastered. Don't get too excited about distance, mass and velocity. Those are all the privileges of her authorship. Wink!
0 x
Diogenes.

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:07 pm

But she didn't call the perpetrator a "weekender" or "Part timer" or "Hobby Farmer" or anything with her norm derogatory tone. Are you sure she was the author?
0 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:12 pm

backhoeboogie wrote:But she didn't call the perpetrator a "weekender" or "Part timer" or "Hobby Farmer" or anything with her norm derogatory tone. Are you sure she was the author?

I assume so. Let's form a committee and investigate if she is the authentic author!
0 x
Diogenes.

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:27 pm

So what ya'll are saying is that the OP spewed another line of BS, got called on it, and she was just joking around?

Ok, got it.
2 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:34 pm

jehosofat wrote:So what ya'll are saying is that the OP spewed another line of BS, got called on it, and she was just joking around?

Ok, got it.

I don't know if she was joking or maybe intentionally disingenuous. That is what needs to be investigated. I think Backhoe is going to put together an investigative committee. At least, I have made that plea.
0 x
Diogenes.

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:47 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
backhoeboogie wrote:It wasn't much of a challenge in the first place. But they did manage to stay on topic for most of the thread.

Lots of folks have not offered any comment. Did they see right thru it all ?

The topic was worn out after the first page. It got so bad, Joe started making up stories to keep us entertained.

:deadhorse:

I hope you aren't implying the hitchhiker was a serial killer.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:51 pm

Jogeephus wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
backhoeboogie wrote:It wasn't much of a challenge in the first place. But they did manage to stay on topic for most of the thread.

Lots of folks have not offered any comment. Did they see right thru it all ?

The topic was worn out after the first page. It got so bad, Joe started making up stories to keep us entertained.

:deadhorse:

I hope you aren't implying the hitchhiker was a serial killer.

No way. Statistically impossible that two serial killers would meet under the circumstances of your scenario. Only in a Stephen King story.
1 x
Diogenes.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:04 pm

Only in a Stephen King story.

QFT
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

Ryder
GURU
GURU

Postby Ryder » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:54 am

Did I miss something?
Who was the first serial killer?
What was his/her choice of weapon.
If it was a Wilson 9 you may be on to something here.
This would limit the possible suspects to the higher income group or the reverse if not a Wilson.
0 x
Ryder

Deo Vindice

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:15 am

Bright Raven wrote:
jehosofat wrote:So what ya'll are saying is that the OP spewed another line of BS, got called on it, and she was just joking around?

Ok, got it.

I don't know if she was joking or maybe intentionally disingenuous. That is what needs to be investigated. I think Backhoe is going to put together an investigative committee. At least, I have made that plea.

We've made progress. So far we have ruled out collusion with foreign governments. That's 18 months saved as well as millions of dollars.
0 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”