Sleep Apnea

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Sleep Apnea

Postby hurleyjd » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:54 am

I was diagnosed with sleep Apnea. Any one on this board have it and what did you do for treatment and how well did the treatment work.
1 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Re: Sleep Apnea

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:59 am

Everyone I know who was tested for sleep apnea were diagnosed as having it. Most wear a mask at night that supplies oxygen. I hear positive feedback from those who seek treatment. They feel more rested and more energy.
2 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

shaz
GURU
GURU

Postby shaz » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:15 am

My sister had it extremely bad and had to have a bi-pap machine. May have saved her life.
0 x
"The Pope? How many divisions does he have?" Joseph Stalin

rollinhills
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby rollinhills » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:43 pm

I have it really bad been on a c-pap for about 15 years best thing I ever done. when I had my sleep study done they said I was having 103 episodes a hour, my machine is set on 15 which is pretty high to my understanding.
1 x

Lucky
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Lucky » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:22 pm

My wife has been on the bi-pap for about 18 months now and says she doesn’t know how she got by without it. Hers was really bad like rollin hills says. I can tell a big difference in how she feels if she doesn’t sleep with the mask for one reason or another.
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:23 am

hurleyjd wrote:I was diagnosed with sleep Apnea. Any one on this board have it and what did you do for treatment and how well did the treatment work.

I have it
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

alisonb
GURU
GURU

Postby alisonb » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:35 pm

My elder brother has it. The PAP mask helps tremendously. The doctor seriously recommended that he loose weight...lots of it.
0 x
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

herofan
GURU
GURU

Postby herofan » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:26 am

What are the symptoms that first cause you to see the doctor?
0 x

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:44 am

herofan wrote:What are the symptoms that first cause you to see the doctor?

Being tired and worn out during the day. Falling asleep when every you sit down. Some people go to sleep at a traffic light stop. Feeling tired after being in the bed all night being forgetful. These are a few. I just blamed old age on the problem. I suspect if every one did the sleep study that are older you would find out more would have sleep apnea.
1 x

herofan
GURU
GURU

Postby herofan » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:17 pm

hurleyjd wrote:

Being tired and worn out during the day. Falling asleep when every you sit down. Some people go to sleep at a traffic light stop. Feeling tired after being in the bed all night being forgetful. These are a few. I just blamed old age on the problem. I suspect if every one did the sleep study that are older you would find out more would have sleep apnea.

Thanks for the information. I’m getting to the age that I try to blame things on it, but I don’t have any of those symptoms, so I guess I don’t have sleep apnia yet.
0 x

sstterry
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby sstterry » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:29 pm

The Dr's say I have it and have been on a c-pap for about 6 months. I honestly can't tell much difference, except that it is a pain in the you know what to have to wear it every night.
0 x

sstterry
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby sstterry » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:38 pm

herofan wrote:
hurleyjd wrote:

Thanks for the information. I’m getting to the age that I try to blame things on it, but I don’t have any of those symptoms, so I guess I don’t have sleep apnia yet.

Snoring is a big tip-off. The added tissue in the back of the pallet drops down when you sleep and thus the apnea.
0 x

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:22 am

shaz wrote:My sister had it extremely bad and had to have a bi-pap machine. May have saved her life.

A friend of mine had to move his daughter out of state. He forgot to take his machine with him. He died.
0 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:24 am

My wife snores. Gentle snores but she stops breathing in her sleep. I listen to ensure she starts breathing again. It is scary.
0 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

sstterry
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby sstterry » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:16 pm

backhoeboogie wrote:

My wife snores. Gentle snores but she stops breathing in her sleep. I listen to ensure she starts breathing again. It is scary.

You need to get her to a Dr.!
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”