Sleep Apnea

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Re: Sleep Apnea

Postby Brute 23 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:56 pm

Its amazing how many people use them. When we go on hunting or fishing trips or what ever every one rolls their machines in. You can hear them all night like Darth Vader but its better than people snoring or sounding like they are choking to death. The guys I know claim they work.

I have a whole pack of ear plugs in my travel bag. :)
1 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

sstterry
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby sstterry » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:56 pm

Brute 23 wrote:Its amazing how many people use them. When we go on hunting or fishing trips or what ever every one rolls their machines in. You can hear them all night like Darth Vader but its better than people snoring or sounding like they are choking to death. The guys I know claim they work.

I have a whole pack of ear plugs in my travel bag. :)

A few years ago, I was on a Boy Scout trip and we camped in a very large cave in our area. There were about 75 scouts and 20 leaders and one guy went to sleep and kept snoring so loud it kept us all awake for a big part of the night!
1 x

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:56 am

sstterry wrote:
backhoeboogie wrote:
herofan wrote:What are the symptoms that first cause you to see the doctor?

My wife snores. Gentle snores but she stops breathing in her sleep. I listen to ensure she starts breathing again. It is scary.

You need to get her to a Dr.!

She has gone, spent the night and had the sleep study. They had a number wrong on her insurance I.D. and it caused a mess that is finally resolved. Not sure what they are going to put her to using but I am anxious.
0 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:24 am

Sleep apnea isn't nothing new, it's been around since man, maybe even before. My dad has snored, stopped breathing, gagged while sleeping his whole life. I can't think of a single family member that has died because of sleep apnea. Just more proof TV commercials work.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

rollinhills
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby rollinhills » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:07 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:Sleep apnea isn't nothing new, it's been around since man, maybe even before. My dad has snored, stopped breathing, gagged while sleeping his whole life. I can't think of a single family member that has died because of sleep apnea. Just more proof TV commercials work.

your full of it, maybe they died from some of the things caused by sleep Apnea
1 x

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:20 am

I haven't lost family members but I did have a friend die.

Aside from death, what about quality of life ? Good rest has value. I listen to my wife fret in her sleep, stop breathing, and then start again. It scares me so bad I become wide awake. She is tired in the a.m. I'd like for her to get good rest every night. Some people are tired all day long. It seems to me if people get proper rest, they'd be happier and in a better mood.
1 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:02 pm

backhoeboogie wrote:I haven't lost family members but I did have a friend die.

Aside from death, what about quality of life ? Good rest has value. I listen to my wife fret in her sleep, stop breathing, and then start again. It scares me so bad I become wide awake. She is tired in the a.m. I'd like for her to get good rest every night. Some people are tired all day long. It seems to me if people get proper rest, they'd be happier and in a better mood.

I am going to try what every the Doctor says I need. Was told could lease a machine to try. Let you know what ever happens.
2 x

rollinhills
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby rollinhills » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:40 pm

hurleyjd wrote:

I am going to try what every the Doctor says I need. Was told could lease a machine to try. Let you know what ever happens.

I know the c-pap sure changed my life for the better, I know first hand what your wife is going through.
You won't be sorry, doing what the Doc says, if it helps you as much as it did me, like I said best thing I ever done.
1 x

bbirder
Rancher
Rancher

Postby bbirder » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:06 pm

hurleyjd wrote: I am going to try what every the Doctor says I need. Was told could lease a machine to try. Let you know what ever happens.

If your results are like mine you will ask why you waited this long. Don't get me wrong. I cuss it almost every night having to "strap in" but the results are worth it. I suffocate without it.
1 x
"A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years. A bad climbing rope will last you a lifetime."

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:07 am

rollinhills wrote:
hurleyjd wrote:

I know the c-pap sure changed my life for the better, I know first hand what your wife is going through.
You won't be sorry, doing what the Doc says, if it helps you as much as it did me, like I said best thing I ever done.

She finally got her machine last Friday.
0 x

rollinhills
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby rollinhills » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:47 pm

backhoeboogie wrote:
rollinhills wrote:
hurleyjd wrote: I am going to try what every the Doctor says I need. Was told could lease a machine to try. Let you know what ever happens.

She finally got her machine last Friday.

How is she doing with it?
0 x

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:42 pm

rollinhills wrote:
How is she doing with it?

She's not snoring ! :-) I think she sleeps sound for 5 hours or so. Good rest. But then she has a hard time going back to sleep with the apparatus on. I haven't woken up, heard her stop breathing, and been scared to death.

Likely it will take some time for her to get used to sleeping with it. Mostly I am wanting her to get good rest. That breathing thing is scary.
0 x

crossbredcalves
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby crossbredcalves » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:03 pm

I was diagnosed with it when I was 25. I’ve used a machine for the last 5 years. I’ve only went without it twice, and both times, I was awake all night. I still don’t sleep the best, but with the mask ensures I do get some rest.
1 x
“Words are life.” The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”