Another Barn Build

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Re: Another Barn Build

Postby TCRanch » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:06 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
TCRanch wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:Nice barn... I like wood buildings but man steel is my favorite as you don't have to worry about carpenter bees and such

How 'bout a cement lean-to?

WOW :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: ... why isn't there any bread storage underneath there. Did yall build it yourself?

No, the guy that built our mechanical barn did this & we're having him put a larger one in another pasture. It's technically considered a non-permanent structure, primarily for tax purposes but I think KS is considering changing that allowance. His crew dug a shallow trench & poured cement for the perimeter base and simply stacked the interlocking cement blocks (think Legos) then added the trusses & secured the roof. We're thinking about adding a couple posts at each end so we can temporarily rig up some old cattle gates or panels & use it as a makeshift catch pen. The cement keeps them cool in the summer (like being in a basement) and during the winter I put out straw plus it's facing south so they don't get the north wind & stay pretty toasty. No bread storage :( but there's actually a lot of room for storage on the top of the side walls where the roof inclines.
1 x

Silver
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Silver » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:59 pm

Looks great Jehosofat.
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:17 pm

TCRanch wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:
TCRanch wrote:How 'bout a cement lean-to?

WOW :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: ... why isn't there any bread storage underneath there. Did yall build it yourself?

No, the guy that built our mechanical barn did this & we're having him put a larger one in another pasture. It's technically considered a non-permanent structure, primarily for tax purposes but I think KS is considering changing that allowance. His crew dug a shallow trench & poured cement for the perimeter base and simply stacked the interlocking cement blocks (think Legos) then added the trusses & secured the roof. We're thinking about adding a couple posts at each end so we can temporarily rig up some old cattle gates or panels & use it as a makeshift catch pen. The cement keeps them cool in the summer (like being in a basement) and during the winter I put out straw plus it's facing south so they don't get the north wind & stay pretty toasty. No bread storage :( but there's actually a lot of room for storage on the top of the side walls where the roof inclines.

:lol: use bread as insulation.
1 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

haase
Rancher
Rancher

Postby haase » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:17 pm

One that were working on now.
1 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:36 pm

haase wrote:Image

Looks good boy I sure could load up alot of junk under that 8)
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:07 pm

haase wrote:Image

Very nice! How big is that thing?
0 x

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:09 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
TCRanch wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:

:lol: use bread as insulation.

Kinda do. Rod's a rangy dude but my heifers are pretty fat/well insulated ;-)
0 x

haase
Rancher
Rancher

Postby haase » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:49 pm

TC, building is 42x278x14, it is a storage building, 1st part is 42x48 for a contractors unit, next part is 42x24 rental and the rest are all 42×12 units for camper and trailer storage, and yes I'm sure even junk storage.
1 x

nimblebowls
Beginner
Beginner

Postby nimblebowls » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:50 am

Wow! This is wayyyy tooo amazing. I love this a lot.
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”