Do not drink and drive......or smoke a joint.....

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
jltrent
GURU
GURU

Do not drink and drive......or smoke a joint.....

Postby jltrent » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:50 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/a- ... li=BBnb7Kz

South Carolina police say a woman who sped through a stop sign and was slurring her words allegedly used her race, intelligence and cleanliness as reasons she didn't belong in jail.

Lauren Elizabeth Cutshaw, 32, was charged with a number offenses, including drunken driving, speeding and marijuana possession, after an early Saturday traffic stop in Bluffton, South Carolina.

Police say a Breathalyzer test showed Cutshaw's blood-alcohol level at 0.18 percent. A person is considered impaired if their BAC is .08 percent or higher, according to South Carolina law.

During the course of the arrest, Cutshaw gave a number of reasons why she shouldn't be jailed, some of which were used as evidence of her intoxication, according to police records obtained by the Associated Press and the Island Packet.

Among the statements Cutshaw made to police:

She is a "very clean, thoroughbred, white girl."
She was a cheerleader and in a sorority.
Her partner is a police officer.
She had good grades, was in the National Honor Society and graduated from a "high accredited university."
At the police station, Cutshaw allegedly used her race and cleanliness as a reason she didn't belong in jail. An officer, who was also white, questioned why that would matter.

Cutshaw reportedly replied, "You're a cop, you should know what that means." She also said the officer should know her meaning "based on the people that come in this room."

A dashcam video of the arrest shows Cutshaw begging not to be jailed and calling herself a "pretty girl," according to the New York Post. In the video she also expressed worry that the arrest would "ruin her career.”

Cutshaw told police she drank two glasses of wine. When asked how full the glasses of wine were, she reportedly replied, "I mean I was celebrating my birthday."

During the arrest, police say they also found marijuana and rolling papers in her car, and Cutshaw admitted she "may have" smoked earlier.

0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Re: Do not drink and drive......or smoke a joint.....

Postby callmefence » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:00 am

She should have told em she was a deer hunter
1 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:03 am

Entitlement attitude comes in and from many forms....obviously, jail was simply below her station in life..

Dash cam video of the stop in a pouring rain and.....the audio even works.
https://nypost.com/2018/08/08/thoroughb ... ice-video/
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:36 am

I think she's confused on the effect being clean will have on being arrested.
I mean if you gotta put a educated white girl in the back of your patrol car. Who are you gonna pick? One that just showered or one that smells like stinkbait???
Maybe slick will wiegh in...
0 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:55 am

callmefence wrote:I think she's confused on the effect being clean will have on being arrested.
I mean if you gotta put a educated white girl in the back of your patrol car. Who are you gonna pick? One that just showered or one that smells like stinkbait???
Maybe slick will wiegh in...

You don't always get your rathers. I've had to stop and roll the windows down many times. I've had them let loose with every bodily function know while in the back and front seat. Had to rewrite reports because of puke and mud stains. Back then those back seats weren't the hard plastic like now. Just regular material. When they are drunk and obnoxious they are all about the same.
Last edited by slick4591 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
1 x
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:08 am

Isn't that the same defense that some teen-age boy used...…….. and GOT AWAY WITH...… the "Affluenza" defense? :roll: :roll: :mad:
1 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:39 am

Workinonit Farm wrote:Isn't that the same defense that some teen-age boy used...…….. and GOT AWAY WITH...… the "Affluenza" defense? :roll: :roll: :mad:

Yep. In this case mother and son have been in and out of jail several times since that started.
1 x
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:07 pm

Looks to me like someone that made a mistake, and is being used for news outlet clickbait at her expense. I'll bet if she looked like me, it wouldn't have even made the local paper, let alone national news. I thought the media was supposed to first do no harm? Maybe let the trial play out first?
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

M.Magis
GURU
GURU

Postby M.Magis » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:46 pm

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:Looks to me like someone that made a mistake, and is being used for news outlet clickbait at her expense. I'll bet if she looked like me, it wouldn't have even made the local paper, let alone national news. I thought the media was supposed to first do no harm? Maybe let the trial play out first?

Exactly what I was thinking. I assume a lot of people say stupid shyt when they're drunk and about to get arrested. I'm not sure how "reporters" get this info or how it becomes a story, but I do know WHY.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:20 pm

She was driving drunk and probably stoned also. She should do at least year in the pokey. She very well could of killed someone.
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:40 pm

She should move to Alabama.. one thing we're a little short on is, clean white girls..a anomaly like that mighta got away with it here....
1 x
there are two ways to argue with a woman.....neither one works..

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:28 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:She should move to Alabama.. one thing we're a little short on is, clean white girls..a anomaly like that mighta got away with it here....

That clean white girl talking out the side of her mouth.
1 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

tja477t
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby tja477t » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:42 am

Farm Fence Solutions wrote: I'll bet if she looked like me, it wouldn't have even made the local paper,

exactly she only made the news because she looks good, other people say alot dumber things getting arrested and it wouldnt even make the police report
0 x

shaz
GURU
GURU

Postby shaz » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:52 am

About 17 years ago a drunk in the back of a cop car ate his own underwear. Thought the cotton would absorb the alcohol I guess
0 x
"The Pope? How many divisions does he have?" Joseph Stalin

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:46 am

shaz wrote:About 17 years ago a drunk in the back of a cop car ate his own underwear. Thought the cotton would absorb the alcohol I guess

So, how'd it taste? :pop:
2 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”