Overturned cattle trailer full of cattle

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Re: Overturned cattle trailer full of cattle

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:12 am

Lucky wrote:Doubt this will make the paper around here. Most folks 10 miles away don’t even know it happened.

DId you know the Bogata news sold and its been combined with Talco.. Whole new look to it and the paper is different.. It did make the paper but they incorrectly named the people who cut open the trailer. The fire department opened it. Fake news....lol
100 cows in trailer, 35 died...
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:37 am

cowgirl8 wrote:
Lucky wrote:Doubt this will make the paper around here. Most folks 10 miles away don’t even know it happened.

DId you know the Bogata news sold and its been combined with Talco.. Whole new look to it and the paper is different.. It did make the paper but they incorrectly named the people who cut open the trailer. The fire department opened it. Fake news....lol

Fake news is a 100 cows fitting in a trailer. A hundred 500 lb calves would have the trailer over loaded.
2 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:53 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:

Fake news is a 100 cows fitting in a trailer. A hundred 500 lb calves would have the trailer over loaded.

THis was a semi and a double decker...Not sure how many fit in one, and it was a mix of cows and calves...Not pairs, just a mix....
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:00 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:DId you know the Bogata news sold and its been combined with Talco.. Whole new look to it and the paper is different.. It did make the paper but they incorrectly named the people who cut open the trailer. The fire department opened it. Fake news....lol

THis was a semi and a double decker...Not sure how many fit in one, and it was a mix of cows and calves...Not pairs, just a mix....

Doesnt matter how many fit , Its done by weight.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:51 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:DId you know the Bogata news sold and its been combined with Talco.. Whole new look to it and the paper is different.. It did make the paper but they incorrectly named the people who cut open the trailer. The fire department opened it. Fake news....lol

We use to load 42 mature holstein cows in a pot. Had to know what you were doing to get them loaded right but a good driver will do it.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:29 pm

TexasBred wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Fake news is a 100 cows fitting in a trailer. A hundred 500 lb calves would have the trailer over loaded.

We use to load 42 mature holstein cows in a pot. Had to know what you were doing to get them loaded right but a good driver will do it.

We use to load 8 saddled horses in our 20 ft trailer...lol..Last one had to go in sideways.
0 x

Lucky
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Lucky » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:58 pm

She’s telling the truth on the number of cows. I believe they were loaded in Hugo and headed to Louisiana. He was way overloaded and that might be why he tipped it. It was a mix of cows and calves. Not sure on the size of any of them. I don’t see how he got going fast enough to flip it if he stopped at the four way. Surely nobody on this forum believes that truck drivers (especially bull wagons) always stay under weight.
3 x

snoopdog
Rancher
Rancher

Postby snoopdog » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:07 pm

Money to be made by the number of loads vs the times you get caught .
0 x
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:20 pm

Lucky wrote:She’s telling the truth on the number of cows. I believe they were loaded in Hugo and headed to Louisiana. He was way overloaded and that might be why he tipped it. It was a mix of cows and calves. Not sure on the size of any of them. I don’t see how he got going fast enough to flip it if he stopped at the four way. Surely nobody on this forum believes that truck drivers (especially bull wagons) always stay under weight.

Ain't no DOT officer gonna weigh a bull wagon dripping with shyt and there may not be a weigh station for many many miles. Most of'em you can't even catch unless they let you.
1 x

Lucky
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Lucky » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:29 pm

Last truck load I had hauled was 50 heavy bred cows. I ask the driver if I should bring a stock trailer and he just said “for what”. Those cows weren’t big cows but they sure weighed more than 900- 1,000#’s. Only time I’ve ever had them say anything about weight was when I only had a partial load of calves. They want a full load for some reason.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:12 pm

Lucky wrote:Last truck load I had hauled was 50 heavy bred cows. I ask the driver if I should bring a stock trailer and he just said “for what”. Those cows weren’t big cows but they sure weighed more than 900- 1,000#’s. Only time I’ve ever had them say anything about weight was when I only had a partial load of calves. They want a full load for some reason.

To much weight shifting when they only have a partial load.
1 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:04 am

Didn't help that they raised the speed limit to 45 and trucks leaned over before in that S curve doing 35... A truck carrying spaghetti sauce tipped over and splashed a house there with sauce...
0 x

Lucky
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Lucky » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:27 pm

Truck turned over in Dallas area this week with 140 head of 3 weights. What a mess.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:02 pm

Sure making it hard to stay ELD exempt. All the cattle organizations and Farm Bureau are trying to extend the ELD exemption for 3 years for livestock haulers. Sure don't need this getting in the wrong places.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:40 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:Sure making it hard to stay ELD exempt. All the cattle organizations and Farm Bureau are trying to extend the ELD exemption for 3 years for livestock haulers. Sure don't need this getting in the wrong places.

Heavy weights and ridiculous speeds have always been the trademark of bull wagons.
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”