Harley sales are down........

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
HDRider
GURU
GURU

Re: Harley sales are down........

Postby HDRider » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:44 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
HDRider wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:I've test rode everything over over 1300 cc besides a BMW, and Harley's are at the bottom and Honda is at the top on my list. I really want a new Harley but I can't see my soul over riding my brain.

Why did you not test the BMW?

Logistics of parts and having the bike worked on for starters. And I'm not really sophisticated enough to hang with the BMW crowd.

You owe it to yourself to at least test ride some.

Are you looking at cruisers, or touring bikes?
0 x
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

Atimm693
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Atimm693 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:56 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
HDRider wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:I've test rode everything over over 1300 cc besides a BMW, and Harley's are at the bottom and Honda is at the top on my list. I really want a new Harley but I can't see my soul over riding my brain.

Why did you not test the BMW?

Logistics of parts and having the bike worked on for starters. And I'm not really sophisticated enough to hang with the BMW crowd.

I've seen some guys take a BMW adventure bike through places I wouldn't take an ATV, or a boat for that matter. They're a different breed though.
0 x

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:58 pm

Atimm693 wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
HDRider wrote:Why did you not test the BMW?

I've seen some guys take a BMW adventure bike through places I wouldn't take an ATV, or a boat for that matter. They're a different breed though.

If it is 10 degrees and you meet a bike, mark my words, it will be a BMW.
2 x
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

hillbilly beef man
GURU
GURU

Postby hillbilly beef man » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:23 pm

HDRider wrote:
Atimm693 wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Logistics of parts and having the bike worked on for starters. And I'm not really sophisticated enough to hang with the BMW crowd.

If it is 10 degrees and you meet a bike, mark my words, it will be a BMW.

I rode a Honda XR250L 28 miles each way to college for four years. Many mornings it was below 0. Had very little sense and even less money back then. I would have killed to have had a BMW, or anything with a windsheld for that matter. No way I would even think of getting on a bike if it is colder than 60 now.
1 x
There is no education in the second kick of a mule.

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:05 am

Ya'll grown men extolling the youngsters to ride bikes haven't seen your son's bike looking a piece of modern art. Pile of scrap metal. Would turn your stomach.
Life is a gift. Use it wisely.
Please.
1 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:24 am

boondocks wrote:Ya'll grown men extolling the youngsters to ride bikes haven't seen your son's bike looking a piece of modern art. Pile of scrap metal. Would turn your stomach.
Please.

We've also seen farm tractors, cars, pickup trucks, airplanes, cow pens, helicopters and skyscrapers look the same way.
It ain't dying being talked about.it's living.
Be careful, but live it.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:48 am

boondocks wrote:Ya'll grown men extolling the youngsters to ride bikes haven't seen your son's bike looking a piece of modern art. Pile of scrap metal. Would turn your stomach.
Please.

I been on that.
1 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:35 am

Please.

My wife reminds my of that regular, we met after I had a bad crash on one of my bikes and was walking with a cane. I only lack a couple hours and my solo from getting my pilots license. And she says I might as well just get a single seat plane because she's not going to fly with me either. I told her a while back maybe she was getting to old for me, that didn't fly very well.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:41 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
Please.

My wife reminds my of that regular, we met after I had a bad crash on one of my bikes and was walking with a cane. I only lack a couple hours and my solo from getting my pilots license. And she says I might as well just get a single seat plane because she's not going to fly with me either. I told her a while back maybe she was getting to old for me, that didn't fly very well.

Better tame that tongue of yours or you’re gonna need that cane and a wheelchair :lol2:
1 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”