Anybody have a barn find?

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Anybody have a barn find?

Postby Nesikep » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:05 pm

SALTBRANCH2 wrote:Nesikep, those a some sweet rides for sure

this was my roommates car.. At the time it had a bored and stroked 400 small block, Turbo350 tranny, high stall converter, dominator carb, 500 single stage shot of nitrous, and yes, he bottle launched it.. best on that engine was a 8.80 quarter mile.. Later he built a 632cu in big block, 3 stages of nitrous and a powerglide.. don't know what it's best time on that setup was.. was a totally crazy car to be in
1 x
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:05 pm

how about the images!
1 x
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:39 pm

SALTBRANCH2 wrote:
ALACOWMAN wrote:
SALTBRANCH2 wrote:57-59 Studebaker Silver or golden hawk is my new dream ride. If I ever find a builder in my price rand I am getting it.

If you can find one already built ,and resonable ...best go that route..you can sink a ton in a restoration...I'm slowly doing just that..if I hadn't bought this one as a kid,, I wouldn't touch it..

Thats for sure, I agree. I just like doing the build, it may take me awhile. I am currently building a 2000 Mustang Gt with 14' Coyote 5.0 with turbo hooked to a powerglide with a 4500 stall. I figure by the time I get it on the road, it will be a 2.5- to 3 year build. On paper it should be pushing 1200-1500hp to the ground, thats in theory.

Guess I should of said mine is a Chevelle SS.....
1 x
that awkward moment,when the zombies are searching for brains.and pass you by..

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:14 pm

SALTBRANCH2 wrote:On paper it should be pushing 1200-1500hp to the ground, thats in theory.

1200-1500 hp? Wow. Might as well add some wings to it and lease on with Delta :lol2:
1 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

SALTBRANCH2
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby SALTBRANCH2 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:12 pm

These are all I got for now. I am shooting for low 8 seconds in the quarter, high 7's would be sexy though.

0 x

SALTBRANCH2
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby SALTBRANCH2 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:14 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:
SALTBRANCH2 wrote:
ALACOWMAN wrote:If you can find one already built ,and resonable ...best go that route..you can sink a ton in a restoration...I'm slowly doing just that..if I hadn't bought this one as a kid,, I wouldn't touch it..

Thats for sure, I agree. I just like doing the build, it may take me awhile. I am currently building a 2000 Mustang Gt with 14' Coyote 5.0 with turbo hooked to a powerglide with a 4500 stall. I figure by the time I get it on the road, it will be a 2.5- to 3 year build. On paper it should be pushing 1200-1500hp to the ground, thats in theory.

What year? BBC? Any pics?
I love them Chevelles, I had a 69 GTO and my buddy had a 68 Chevelle with a 4 spd. We had a blast tearing up the streets back then
1 x

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:44 pm

I know where a late 60's corvette is sitting in a barn. Been there since the mid 80's I know. Found out last week that it had been used to run shine. When the owner went straight he just parked it there.
2 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:49 pm

SALTBRANCH2 wrote:
ALACOWMAN wrote:
SALTBRANCH2 wrote:Thats for sure, I agree. I just like doing the build, it may take me awhile. I am currently building a 2000 Mustang Gt with 14' Coyote 5.0 with turbo hooked to a powerglide with a 4500 stall. I figure by the time I get it on the road, it will be a 2.5- to 3 year build. On paper it should be pushing 1200-1500hp to the ground, thats in theory.

What year? BBC? Any pics?
I love them Chevelles, I had a 69 GTO and my buddy had a 68 Chevelle with a 4 spd. We had a blast tearing up the streets back then

69.its SS 396 .4th eng in it . Blew up 2 of em back then before I realized you couldn't twist em up tight.like you could a small block.....I'll get a pic of it,this week...it's a ways from finished though...
1 x
that awkward moment,when the zombies are searching for brains.and pass you by..

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”