Ham theft..............

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 29658
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Ham theft..............

Postby TexasBred » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:23 am

ddd75 wrote:i'm not sure how they can prove she ate the ham for all those days.


oh yea.. its the new.. "I TOLD ON THEM.. ITS THE GOSPEL" days..

You ever consider she may ahve admitted she ate that much after they showed it to her on the security cameras??
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

User avatar
Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2461
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:12 pm
Location: Idaho

Re: Ham theft..............

Postby Bestoutwest » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:10 pm

M-5 wrote:There has to more to the story and another reason they are trying to get her. EVERY deli worker eats a piece of ham, turkey , roast beef every day. we used to give the customer a sample piece of every thing we were slicing for them. Deli's avg 40% GP after shrink .


I worked in a deli at a grocery store one summer. My theory was, how am I to give a good opinion on what's good or bad if I don't sample it? And, honestly, I had to try it on different days to make sure that quality had a certain consistency to it. However, we did have a guy that would put a scoop of potato salad in a container, weigh it, pay for it, and then bring it back for us to fill on his lunch break. I refused. He got in decent trouble, but I can't remember if he got canned or not. I just remember thinking that guy had some brass balls do pull something like that.
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

ddd75
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2130
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:47 am
Location: KY

Re: Ham theft..............

Postby ddd75 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:57 am

TexasBred wrote:
ddd75 wrote:i'm not sure how they can prove she ate the ham for all those days.


oh yea.. its the new.. "I TOLD ON THEM.. ITS THE GOSPEL" days..

You ever consider she may ahve admitted she ate that much after they showed it to her on the security cameras??



you know.. thats a great thing to point out....


the only bad thing is.. that it happened over a span of 8 years..

;-)
0 x

ddd75
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2130
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:47 am
Location: KY

Re: Ham theft..............

Postby ddd75 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:59 am

Bestoutwest wrote:
M-5 wrote:There has to more to the story and another reason they are trying to get her. EVERY deli worker eats a piece of ham, turkey , roast beef every day. we used to give the customer a sample piece of every thing we were slicing for them. Deli's avg 40% GP after shrink .


I worked in a deli at a grocery store one summer. My theory was, how am I to give a good opinion on what's good or bad if I don't sample it? And, honestly, I had to try it on different days to make sure that quality had a certain consistency to it. However, we did have a guy that would put a scoop of potato salad in a container, weigh it, pay for it, and then bring it back for us to fill on his lunch break. I refused. He got in decent trouble, but I can't remember if he got canned or not. I just remember thinking that guy had some brass balls do pull something like that.



brass balls to ask for some free potato salad... woah.. maybe we can term him 'heroic' now.

:lol2: :lol2:
1 x

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 29658
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Ham theft..............

Postby TexasBred » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:03 pm

ddd75 wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
ddd75 wrote:i'm not sure how they can prove she ate the ham for all those days.


oh yea.. its the new.. "I TOLD ON THEM.. ITS THE GOSPEL" days..

You ever consider she may ahve admitted she ate that much after they showed it to her on the security cameras??



you know.. thats a great thing to point out....


the only bad thing is.. that it happened over a span of 8 years..

;-)

Still highly possible. Nothing like a confession.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????


Return to “Every Thing Else Board”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 76 Bar and 6 guests