Any Facebook folks here?

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
User avatar
SALTBRANCH2
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:56 am

Any Facebook folks here?

Postby SALTBRANCH2 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:36 pm

Just curious and do you friend the folks from this forum?

User avatar
Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 13596
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Any Facebook folks here?

Postby Nesikep » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:59 pm

I have a few here on my FB as well.. sure easier having a conversation there and sharing pics
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
M-5
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6924
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:41 pm

Re: Any Facebook folks here?

Postby M-5 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:38 am

Some I do, There are some I don't , I do not have any liberal FB friends , I culled that a long time ago, Life is too short to deal with stupid people.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

User avatar
slick4591
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9801
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:58 pm

Re: Any Facebook folks here?

Postby slick4591 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:24 am

I do and last I checked you were one of 'em.
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7609
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm

Re: Any Facebook folks here?

Postby True Grit Farms » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:27 am

slick4591 wrote:I do and last I checked you were one of 'em.

Come on now M5 isn't that bad.
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

User avatar
slick4591
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9801
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:58 pm

Re: Any Facebook folks here?

Postby slick4591 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:31 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
slick4591 wrote:I do and last I checked you were one of 'em.

Come on now M5 isn't that bad.


Ain't none of them bad. :lol:
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

User avatar
backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy
Posts: 14680
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:27 pm

Re: Any Facebook folks here?

Postby backhoeboogie » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:54 am

M-5 wrote:Some I do, There are some I don't , I do not have any liberal FB friends , I culled that a long time ago, Life is too short to deal with stupid people.


Can I sit at your table ?
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

User avatar
M-5
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6924
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:41 pm

Re: Any Facebook folks here?

Postby M-5 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:58 am

backhoeboogie wrote:
M-5 wrote:Some I do, There are some I don't , I do not have any liberal FB friends , I culled that a long time ago, Life is too short to deal with stupid people.


Can I sit at your table ?


You are already there my friend.

I guess some here might call it a clique
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 17066
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm

Re: Any Facebook folks here?

Postby greybeard » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:27 pm

I do not have a FB account and I only view a FB post if someone here links to it in the course of general discourse.
(I have nothing against FB. I just haven't found a real need or use for it)
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

User avatar
jltrent
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2321
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:04 pm

Re: Any Facebook folks here?

Postby jltrent » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:57 pm

I had one and unsubscribed in 2009 when a bunch of ex-cons I dealt with in the penal system for many years wanted to befriend me. I want nothing to do with them. I did subscribe back about a month ago and hopefully by now they have moved on.

User avatar
M-5
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6924
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:41 pm

Re: Any Facebook folks here?

Postby M-5 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:05 pm

jltrent wrote:I had one and unsubscribed in 2009 when a bunch of ex-cons I dealt with in the penal system for many years wanted to befriend me. I want nothing to do with them. I did subscribe back about a month ago and hopefully by now they have moved on.


You don't have to accept them and Im quick to "unfriend" someone if I so choose. I actually enjoy alot of the pages and groups I am in. My circle has shrunk to normal people that do not have to announce to the world they are taking a dump.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

User avatar
slick4591
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9801
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:58 pm

Re: Any Facebook folks here?

Postby slick4591 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:44 pm

The only two things that get under my skin is drama and someone that floods their page with selfies. I don't necessarily unfriend them but will unfollow pretty quick. Seems like I get lots of requests from names I don't recognize and can't always link them up to one of my interests.
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 22862
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm

Re: Any Facebook folks here?

Postby Caustic Burno » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:00 pm

I am a member of a closed group from the refinery that is retirees only.
Don’t have time for the other self gratification stuff.
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

User avatar
TCRanch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3211
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:21 am

Re: Any Facebook folks here?

Postby TCRanch » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:56 pm

slick4591 wrote:The only two things that get under my skin is drama and someone that floods their page with selfies. I don't necessarily unfriend them but will unfollow pretty quick. Seems like I get lots of requests from names I don't recognize and can't always link them up to one of my interests.

Drama, selfies, I don't care what you had for lunch, don't need or want a health update for every minor thing, politics: these infractions will get the "friend" unfollowed quickly. If their posts are downright mean or ugly they get un-friended.

Dave
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6905
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:35 pm

Re: Any Facebook folks here?

Postby Dave » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:28 pm

I am friends with two from here and one from Ranchers. All of them rarely post here or ranchers any more. I am a member of a group which includes Nesi although we aren't friends on Facebook in general. Mostly I use it to keep up with the doings of my kids.