I get to play truck driver this weekend

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Re: I get to play truck driver this weekend

Postby farmerjan » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:43 pm

I make sure I ask for my senior discount everywhere. Since I quit coloring my hair, it isn't hard to imagine as it is white/grey coming in now. I usually put my ponytail through the back of the cap, but just had it up on top in a big hairclip so it was out of sight!
0 x

SALTBRANCH2
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby SALTBRANCH2 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:53 pm

I got back just in time to go to work this morning, I think I am to old for these kind of hours. We went to Topeka yesterday to pick up some tools. Saw lots of nice looking cattle and some scenic ranch's off I-70. I look forward to my next trip to visit with more time a check out the back roads and scenery some more. I was telling my Son and his buddies about the forum while unloading the trailer and those saying "thank you for his service". They were appreciative said it makes them feel good to hear folks say that, pretty much made their day. You Kansas folks have some pretty country, much different than the brush country/thorns I am used to.
1 x

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Postby farmerjan » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:12 pm

Glad you made it okay and got back. Yep, as we get a little older, those long runs just aren't as fun. I don't even like the trips up north to visit family anymore. 8 hrs to Ct and then another 5 to parents in NH.... usually try to stay at my sisters in Ct; but more often I would just rather fly. Except all the regulations now, it's a pain except in our smaller airports here.
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”