New block of land

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Redgully
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: New block of land

Postby Redgully » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:24 pm

Spare a thought for me, I was looking at a 36 acre block, all fenced paddocks and a house and shed, 1.6million. Needless to say I didn't buy it. Prices are falling here but 15 years ago that block would have been $250,000. We had a mining boom here like no one has seen before and about 1,000,000 people came with it so house prices went through the roof. Boom went bust but land prices still scary.
0 x

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Postby wbvs58 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:51 am

kenny thomas wrote:Thanks I was thinking more in the 2-3 hundred dollars an acre. Seems the retirees are causing the prices to go crazy there also.

I went for a drive today to check out a back entrance to the place and surprising the number of driveways and houses hidden going off into the bush.

Redgully I know the effect the mines and gas fields have had on real estate in the towns west of here.

Ken
1 x

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:30 am

Ken, Congrats!!! Hope you enjoy the property! New ventures, new adventures!
Curious (with it being a former mine) if you have to worry about any lingering environmental impacts? Some of my family's homeplaces back in West Virginia (US) had streams that were impacted by local coal mines (shut down years earlier), so I was just curious if you have to worry about that
0 x

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Postby wbvs58 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:14 am

Boondocks, little to worry about, no chemicals used, mostly water used to extract the alluvial tin. There are some deep shafts but tend to be in areas that are of little interest to the cattle but I will fence them off. They may be of interest in a small scale tourist venture but that will be up to my daughter to pursue if she desires, maybe a stopping point with some guided trail rides.

Ken
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”