posting pictures

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
M-5
GURU
GURU

Re: posting pictures

Post by M-5 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:24 am

cowgirl8 wrote:I have to conserve my internet and do as little as possible with pictures... Photobucket and all image sites suck my internet dry...so I avoid them. Love that they added the image button because it cut out the middle man.. sad its not there anymore. FYI, I do know about image sites, just don't want to waste my internet on them..
Wonder why my button is gone? Was so easy to post pictures.

its been explained how to do it and you don't need an image site. The button took you to the same place you can get to by just putting the url in your browser. It does not use anymore "internet" than before.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Post by ga.prime » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:34 am

Has enough internet to post dozens of videos on youtube, but not enough to post a simple pic on CattleToday.
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Post by cowgirl8 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:40 am

No it does take more.. Just loading my pictures onto my computer in photobucket on their site takes up too much internet. Every time i'd go to my bucket page, it takes a long time to load....then, you use more adding pictures....And I haven't posted a video in a long time. My internet is almost done and will renew on the 10th. I'm usually pretty good at making it last, but just depends on how many pictures I download and videos I watch.. Unless you have limited internet, you wont understand..
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Post by cowgirl8 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:42 am

Same with the other site, you have to load all the pictures you've put on it, then add another... The button just went to my photo file, so, just one picture was added to the internet, not every picture I have saved in their storage that get loaded up every time I go to it to get a picture...
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

M-5
GURU
GURU

Post by M-5 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:45 am

cowgirl8 wrote:No it does take more.. Just loading my pictures onto my computer in photobucket on their site takes up too much internet. Every time i'd go to my bucket page, it takes a long time to load....then, you use more adding pictures....And I haven't posted a video in a long time. My internet is almost done and will renew on the 10th. I'm usually pretty good at making it last, but just depends on how many pictures I download and videos I watch.. Unless you have limited internet, you wont understand..

Let me dumb it down for you,

post image button that you hit on your phone or computer directs you to the post image web site.

if you type post image into the little bar at the top of the page the same screen will magically appear . you click "choose Image " and your photos on your devise magically appear again you click one and it downloads it and you get a code below it to copy and paste.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

M-5
GURU
GURU

Post by M-5 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:46 am

cowgirl8 wrote:Same with the other site, you have to load all the pictures you've put on it, then add another... The button just went to my photo file, so, just one picture was added to the internet, not every picture I have saved in their storage that get loaded up every time I go to it to get a picture...

obliviously It can not be explained where you can understand how the internet works

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Post by cowgirl8 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:47 am

M-5 wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:Same with the other site, you have to load all the pictures you've put on it, then add another... The button just went to my photo file, so, just one picture was added to the internet, not every picture I have saved in their storage that get loaded up every time I go to it to get a picture...

obliviously It can not be explained where you can understand how the internet works

Ok, so when I go to my photobucket and my page loads, that does not use my internet?

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Post by cowgirl8 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:50 am

What bar are you talking about?

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Post by cowgirl8 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:53 am

If I use a URL, that comes off the internet right? I understand if i'm posting a video from youtube or a picture from a photo website....right? And, I can right click on a video and not play it and get the address for it... BUt, just going to a video and it start playing uses my internet...To get a picture address, it has to already be on the internet, right?

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Post by ga.prime » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:56 am

cowgirl8 wrote:No dadgummit.. its gone. I wanted to post the sale ticket we took some cows to. Had a scary message at the bottom.

So, what was the scary message?

M-5
GURU
GURU

Post by M-5 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:58 am

cowgirl8 wrote:If I use a URL, that comes off the internet right? I understand if i'm posting a video from youtube or a picture from a photo website....right? And, I can right click on a video and not play it and get the address for it... BUt, just going to a video and it start playing uses my internet...To get a picture address, it has to already be on the internet, right?

NO

It only has to be on your device. The post image button was just a shortcut to the exact same page you can access by typing in the address yourself,.

when you used to click the button another page opened , Right??

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Post by cowgirl8 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:02 am

at the bottom of the sale report says, Plainer and lower quality longhorn and dairy influence cattle will be below these figures... Slaughter cows went for 10 cents to 50 cents... We hauled 6 cows. One I knew was open 100%, 2 were given an second chance on their 3rd calf and both looked open to me. The other 3, one had waterbelly at calving time and the others had udder problems, but I knew they all looked bred. So they sold good, the others did ok too, but driving there to get the check was unnerving...

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Post by ga.prime » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:07 am

dadgummit

M-5
GURU
GURU

Post by M-5 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:10 am

ga.prime wrote:dadgummit

I know , Right . The stuff nightmares are made of

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Post by cowgirl8 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:15 am

M-5 wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:If I use a URL, that comes off the internet right? I understand if i'm posting a video from youtube or a picture from a photo website....right? And, I can right click on a video and not play it and get the address for it... BUt, just going to a video and it start playing uses my internet...To get a picture address, it has to already be on the internet, right?

NO

It only has to be on your device. The post image button was just a shortcut to the exact same page you can access by typing in the address yourself,.

when you used to click the button another page opened , Right??

If I click on the button at the top between font color and youtube…… the image button. All I get is [image][/image] then it tells me to add the image from the gallery of my choice.. I don't get a box to my computers picture file. There is no other image box. I've tried copying a picture out of my computer file, but it does nothing... What am I not understanding?