Simi Cow Maker Bulls ?

Breed your cows to the best bulls in the nation!
Ohrmundt Simmentals
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: Simi Cow Maker Bulls ?

Postby Ohrmundt Simmentals » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:57 pm

Hopefully I can let you know on the True Justice in about 4 months. We should 3 TJ in the oven right now. 2 are bred to Shear Force daughters and 1 is a Bettis grand daughter. We also have a Surebet cow out of Goldmine that is a pretty nice cow as well. Solid performer.
0 x
Can't know where your going unless you know where you've been.

redcowsrule33
Rancher
Rancher

Postby redcowsrule33 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:24 am

Some of my best red simmental cows go back to either Autobahn or BOZ Redcoat. Have yet to find a more "modern" red bull that has impressed me across the board. Beefmaker made them too moderate (smaller than most of my Red Angus) and most I have tried have taken away the good feet and bone structure. There are a lot of red bulls that I really would like to love based on their numbers but the resulting offspring have not been an improvement on their dams. Not that I won't keep sampling a few. Next year I am thinking of trying a few calving ease Fleckvieh bulls just as a comparison.
0 x
The root cause of the majority of the problems in the world today is that common sense is no longer a prerequisite to staying alive.

Till-Hill
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Till-Hill » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:01 pm

Redcows when I first started AI'ing my Select Sires tech said here's this Autobahn bull he is cheap and no one wants it. I used him for years and still have semen. Always made great feeder calves to sell and I never got a horn out of him. Have heard from some breeders he was homo polled but could never find that out for sure. I plan on using him on some Angus cows in the near future.
0 x

Ohrmundt Simmentals
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Ohrmundt Simmentals » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:18 am

Redcow - Semex has a really good selection of Fleck bulls. We sampled Double Bar D Maddox. We got a nice thick bull out of it. Sold him as a yearly. We also have a heifer and we are waiting on her first calf. I would really like to try Champs Bravo from them as well. I'd like to try him some of our reds and blacks. Glacier Ridge(CT member) uses some of the older Sim bulls like Autobahn and I think Pollfleck and is liking some of the results.
0 x
Can't know where your going unless you know where you've been.

Flacowman
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Flacowman » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:40 pm

I've judged quite a few Grandmaster heifers in show rings and really like them. They're sound, big bodied cattle that seem to be fairly moderate but don't seem too small (I'm a Charolais breeder so I don't mind bigger cattle). I can't speak to their productivity as pasture cows, but have had very few real criticisms of the heifers that I've seen.
0 x
Fat is the prettiest color that God has ever made a cow.
-Granddaddy

Supa Dexta
GURU
GURU

Postby Supa Dexta » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:40 am

My best yearling heifer this year was a hummer. She is big, fat and nearly rules the roost already. She fights for her spot at the feeder with the boss cows. (first feeder filled has the bulls and boss cows and this yearling heifer standing at it every time)

http://www.buyagro.com/wheatland/herdsi ... l468P.html
0 x

Return to “Artificial Insemination (AI) for Cattle”