Any Updates Black Granite or Weigh Up?

Breed your cows to the best bulls in the nation!
Air gator
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Any Updates Black Granite or Weigh Up?

Postby Air gator » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:47 am

Just wondering if anyone can give any personal experience with Connealy Black Granite or Plattemere Weigh Up?
Anyone calved out any Black Granite heifers? I am wondering how his CEM will end up? For Weigh Up, just wondering about mature weight. I know his calves have a lot of growth. Thanks for your help. It seems that these bulls are among the most popular Angus bulls.
0 x

wildcat2154
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: Any Updates Black Granite or Weigh Up?

Postby wildcat2154 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:32 pm

The black granites have been both good and some just ok. The weigh ups only seen a few and was impressed with mass. No help though on Qs. Haven't calved any BGs out and haven't seen any mature weigh ups. Weigh up son brought 90K at deer valley and is going to Select Sires.
0 x

Air gator
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: Any Updates Black Granite or Weigh Up?

Postby Air gator » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:04 pm

Thanks for the input. I'm just waiting to see the CEM on Black Granite. I know he was used heavily but not sure how he will compare to some other 7229 sons like VAR Generation and Connealy Comrade. BG is going to have so many calves some of them might not be that good. I keep hearing how Weigh Up calves stand out but are mature weights going to be a problem?
0 x

Return to “Artificial Insemination (AI) for Cattle”