AI sire pics

Breed your cows to the best bulls in the nation!
L&FAngusAcres
Beginner
Beginner

Re: AI sire pics

Postby L&FAngusAcres » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:44 am

Got them AI'd last night. Now my next question.

Anyone have any idea on average gestation length for these bulls? I found somewhere that Comrade was -7.7 days. I'd imagine they all have slightly shorter lengths due to being LBW.

Comrade: -7.7 days
Black Granite: ?
Hoover Dam: ?
Answer 71: ?

One of these days I'll get some pictures of the the heifers up here. They have Frontman, 7229, Thunder, and an old bull... Summitcrest Discovery blood in them.
0 x

torogmc81
GURU
GURU

Postby torogmc81 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:12 pm

Any more info on gestation lengths? That'd be great information for sire selection, imo.

Also, wasn't Black Granite with Select? Did he pass/stop producing?
0 x

Bovine breeder
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Bovine breeder » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:49 pm

I don’t have any individual data, but my theory always was when breeding to an angus bull, be ready for a calf at 270 days. Especially a Calving ease bull
0 x

Fieldhand
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Fieldhand » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:48 pm

Personal experience, Hoover Dam apparently didn't click with our cattle.

Came small and a few days earlier than average, but just didn't have the growth other low birth wt bulls are getting.

Just my 2cents. I tried him because of good reviews, hopefully you have better success.
0 x

hornedfrogbbq
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby hornedfrogbbq » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:29 am

We used Bruiser several years ago and retained heifers out of him. They are having their first calves this spring and so far, so good. We were concerned about his milk EPD so we'll so how they raise their offspring. We have not had any docility issues at all. The steers we sold of his were little meat wagons. In our area of Texas, we need efficiency in our feed inputs (obviously everyone does) so his $EN and DMI, RADG were all impressive to us.
0 x

Return to “Artificial Insemination (AI) for Cattle”