Sperm Transport AI

Breed your cows to the best bulls in the nation!
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Sperm Transport AI

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:50 am

Research shows that sperm deposited into only one uterine horn of the cow will be transported to the other uterine horn - what is called intercornual transport. Sperm deposited in one horn will redistribute to both uterine horns so both horns eventually contain substantial numbers of sperm. Fertility is not compromised when semen is deposited in the uterine body or in either or both of the horns (Table 2). Only cervical depositions reduce conception rates!

https://hoards.com/article-4904-it-just ... sperm.html

Barry:
I contacted my source. He said he heard this 20 years ago. I hesitate to post it because it contradicts how AI is taught. This study is only a year ago.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Re: Sperm Transport AI

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:01 am

I bred a heifer on natural heat at 7:30 am this morning. I bet it took me 10 minutes. She was constantly moving. I could get past the first half of the cervix and she would jump. The instant I got into the uterus, I made my deposit out of fear she would move again and pull me back out of the cervix. I am sure I was a little deeper than I prefer - right horn - but I am going to trust this concept to get me a pregnancy.
0 x
Diogenes.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:29 am

Have you ever looked at sperm under a microscope? All sperm is not created equal some can't swim some swim in circles. One ejaculation from a bull equals an adverage 250+ straws of semen. You need to put the semen where it needs to go, and not where one person or a study says it will work. Next year you should do another study, breed half your cows deep in the left horn and half deep in the right horn and see where you get the highest percentage of pregnancies. Then you can write a article and become a pro at AI techniques.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:34 am

True Grit Farms wrote:Have you ever looked at sperm under a microscope? All sperm is not created equal some can't swim some swim in circles. One ejaculation from a bull equals an adverage 250+ straws of semen. You need to put the semen where it needs to go, and not where one person or a study says it will work. Next year you should do another study, breed half your cows deep in the left horn and half deep in the right horn and see where you get the highest percentage of pregnancies. Then you can write a article and become a pro at AI techniques.

Yes. Human, monkey, chickens, bovines, and many others I don't remember. Not only prepared microscopic stained smears but live ejaculate of bulls being run their BSE.
0 x
Diogenes.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:58 am

Bright Raven wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Have you ever looked at sperm under a microscope? All sperm is not created equal some can't swim some swim in circles. One ejaculation from a bull equals an adverage 250+ straws of semen. You need to put the semen where it needs to go, and not where one person or a study says it will work. Next year you should do another study, breed half your cows deep in the left horn and half deep in the right horn and see where you get the highest percentage of pregnancies. Then you can write a article and become a pro at AI techniques.

Yes. Human, monkey, chickens, bovines, and many others I don't remember. Not only prepared microscopic stained smears but live ejaculate of bulls being run their BSE.

You should know how critical it is to put the semen in the right place then.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:12 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

You should know how critical it is to put the semen in the right place then.

I am a firm advocate and follower of the practice of depositing the semen in the body of the uterus. Yes, my good fellow! It is written and so shall it be!
0 x
Diogenes.

Return to “Artificial Insemination (AI) for Cattle”