ET calf I’m hoping...

Breed your cows to the best bulls in the nation!
Katpau
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: ET calf I’m hoping...

Postby Katpau » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:43 pm

Sorry to hear that. I was hoping you were right, but I thought the odds were heavily against it. How did the DNA profile look?
You said that if she were not an embryo, it meant she was a commercial calf. Were her actual parents not registered Angus?
0 x

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Postby wbvs58 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:55 pm

Oh, bummer.

Ken
0 x

NEFarmwife
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby NEFarmwife » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:15 pm

Katpau wrote:Sorry to hear that. I was hoping you were right, but I thought the odds were heavily against it. How did the DNA profile look?
You said that if she were not an embryo, it meant she was a commercial calf. Were her actual parents not registered Angus?

They were not. Most of our operation is all commercial angus. Since she turned out to be commercial, I don't know that we'll get EPD's? That is still pending and I don't know if they'll just throw that out? I know Zoetis provides you EPD's on commercial. Not sure how AGI works. She was our highest for Adj WW. and looking through her dams calving records, we've retained every heifer of hers.

I must have known it was too good to be true, I woke up from several dreams about Maury Povich "You are not the father" crap. LOL. Oh well, life goes on and she's a good replacement.
0 x

NEFarmwife
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby NEFarmwife » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:16 pm

Katpau wrote:Sorry to hear that. I was hoping you were right, but I thought the odds were heavily against it. How did the DNA profile look?

And my husband is glad this didn't come back as an embryo because he said he'd have to go back and question a lot of things he threw out in the past because of calving date.
0 x

LCBulls
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby LCBulls » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:05 pm

That’s too bad, We know the feeling. It’s happened to us many times, especially on the ones you want the most. I was skeptical, just because of our results. We don’t get that many calves past a week overdue.
0 x

gizmom
GURU
GURU

Postby gizmom » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:35 pm

Sorry I was rooting for you!
0 x
Respect give it to get it!

holm25
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby holm25 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:13 am

Bummer. You could still share a picture of her :)
0 x

NEFarmwife
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby NEFarmwife » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:46 pm

holm25 wrote:Bummer. You could still share a picture of her :)

I will when we booster them. Suppose to have rain this evening which should get us up to the barn to run them thru again. Harvest has been slow for us this year so we’re going hard right now.
0 x

Return to “Artificial Insemination (AI) for Cattle”