MAR Innovation

Breed your cows to the best bulls in the nation!
upnorthguy
Beginner
Beginner

MAR Innovation

Postby upnorthguy » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:56 pm

I am really liking this bull and am planning on using him a little next spring. Has anyone used him and are you happy with the results? Any info helps. Thanks!
0 x

scottstot
Beginner
Beginner

Re: MAR Innovation

Postby scottstot » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:22 pm

I used him and like the calves. I am planning on keeping two of the heifers and the steers are gaining pounds.
0 x

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:58 pm

Innovation is a very good looking well proven bull with epds showing him to be a fertile, breed improver with the
exception of ce 1 and bw 3.1 but at 95% accuracy at least you know what to expect.

Based on his Pedigree: Impression x Final Answer (ce 10 bw 1) x (ce 13 x bw -1.2)
I'd expect much better ce and bw numbers.

His ce and bw genes must be coming through from the great grandsire Vermilion Dateline ce 3 bw 5.5 acc .98
or great great grandsire Stevenson Royce ce -1 bw 4 acc .96

Funny how genetics can be such a dice roll.
As long as you use him on cows I think you're going to like the results.
1 x

Midtenn
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Midtenn » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:44 pm

I only have a small sample (3) of calves born to innovation just recently but I don't see why the low ce and high bw numbers. Calves were all in the 70's , long (not blocky) came easy and were up in minutes. More vigorous than calves sired by other bulls here with bw in 80's.
0 x

NEFarmwife
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby NEFarmwife » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:40 am

Not the same but we have a Mar Fate 568 that we are loving. One bull calf and two heifer calves. We bought these as pairs off of SandPoint sale. That bull calf looked great when we brought him home at a month old and has continued to look good. We’ll be using him as our cleanup on our PB cows.

The two heifer calves are uniform, weaned well, and will make good cows hopefully.

I’ve been extremely happy with Mar Fate and may use him this spring. I just emailed the owner as I don’t see anything online. Or jump over to this Innovation.
0 x

Return to “Artificial Insemination (AI) for Cattle”