A few of our horses

All about horses.
Post Reply
GusPeterson
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:05 pm
Location: Karnes City, TX
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 11 times

A few of our horses

Post by GusPeterson » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:53 am

Image

Image

Image

Image



User avatar
Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 12694
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:31 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 251 times
Been thanked: 389 times

Re: A few of our horses

Post by Bigfoot » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:46 am

Glad you shared. Very little posted here about horses. How many ya got, what do you use them for?
Your not a small business owner. Your a stay at home mom trapped in a pyramid scheme.

GusPeterson
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:05 pm
Location: Karnes City, TX
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: A few of our horses

Post by GusPeterson » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:56 am

Bigfoot wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:46 am
Glad you shared. Very little posted here about horses. How many ya got, what do you use them for?
I have 18 right now. My wife and I breed, train, buy, sell, trade and use our horses for ranch work. Sometimes compete in roping or ranch rodeo events.

SBMF 2015
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 450
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:31 pm
Location: West Central,IL
Has thanked: 156 times
Been thanked: 228 times

Re: A few of our horses

Post by SBMF 2015 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:09 pm

Good looking stock. What blood lines are you breeding?
Never fear them, but ALWAYS respect them.

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15496
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY
Has thanked: 1170 times
Been thanked: 1378 times

Re: A few of our horses

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:56 pm

GusPeterson wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:53 am
Image

Image

Image

Image
Living the dream Gus. Good for you!
Making Cattle Today Great Again!
Sometimes you do have to throw out the babies with the bath water.

GusPeterson
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:05 pm
Location: Karnes City, TX
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: A few of our horses

Post by GusPeterson » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:53 pm

SBMF 2015 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:09 pm
Good looking stock. What blood lines are you breeding?
To many to mention. My stud is Zan Par Bar/Gay Bar King/Watch Joe Jack and I cross him on a variety of cow bred mares. I shoot for 15 hand plus big size cowhorses, no running bloodlines for me. I find they loose some sense and try when it comes to roping when they are taller and I blame the fact that most of them are diluted with “barrel horse bloodlines”.The bay foal in the photo is out of a Playgun/ Jackie Bee mare.

SBMF 2015
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 450
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:31 pm
Location: West Central,IL
Has thanked: 156 times
Been thanked: 228 times

Re: A few of our horses

Post by SBMF 2015 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:25 pm

GusPeterson wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:53 pm
SBMF 2015 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:09 pm
Good looking stock. What blood lines are you breeding?
To many to mention. My stud is Zan Par Bar/Gay Bar King/Watch Joe Jack and I cross him on a variety of cow bred mares. I shoot for 15 hand plus big size cowhorses, no running bloodlines for me. I find they loose some sense and try when it comes to roping when they are taller and I blame the fact that most of them are diluted with “barrel horse bloodlines”.The bay foal in the photo is out of a Playgun/ Jackie Bee mare.
Thanks for the update.
Never fear them, but ALWAYS respect them.

504RP
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:40 pm
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: A few of our horses

Post by 504RP » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:49 pm

Do have a horse barn or stables with stalls ? I am fixing to build one and am trying to get some ideas as to how i am going to design it.

504RP
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:40 pm
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: A few of our horses

Post by 504RP » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:50 pm

My wifes stallion is cow bred.

504RP
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:40 pm
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: A few of our horses

Post by 504RP » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:53 pm

I am going to a court order auction this weekend that is supposed to have 74 cutting bred horse's. Some papered some not.

GusPeterson
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:05 pm
Location: Karnes City, TX
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: A few of our horses

Post by GusPeterson » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:05 am

504RP wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:49 pm
Do have a horse barn or stables with stalls ? I am fixing to build one and am trying to get some ideas as to how i am going to design it.
These horses run on grass pasture, I have a barn that needs a new roof, and I’m going to build 7 stalls and runs off one side of it.

504RP
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:40 pm
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: A few of our horses

Post by 504RP » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:55 pm

Thats the way we are sit up also. It is going to be a long project for me. I plan on doing alot of the work myself. I am doing it more for my wife than anything else. If she wasn't so dedicated to her horse's. I wouldn't be taken on this project. We have been married for 20 years now. I knew her passion in life was horse's when i first met her. At the the time i didn't realize just how much horse's means to her.
She is wanting start a business saleing colts. So i am trying to help her get facilities set up for her operation.

Maybe it will work out. Unless she trys to keep every colt she raise's.

That auction i mentioned earlier sold a stallion for $ 31,000 and a mare for $ 29,000. Now if i can get the wife making money like that off of her colts i am going to ask her to start paying me a salary !

cowboy43
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1941
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:36 am
Location: Central Texas
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: A few of our horses

Post by cowboy43 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:51 pm

Sure wish I could still ride horses,(medical reason stops me) . In you experience does any breed ride easier than others. I like to watch old westerns where a lot of actors and extras came west as wranglers Or stuntmen A lot of actors were raised on ranchers . When running the rider and horse are flowing in a smooth motion. Now they look like a sack of taters bouncing on the saddle.

Post Reply