New roping horse

All about horses.
papavillars
Rancher
Rancher

New roping horse

Postby papavillars » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:25 pm

Well we just took delivery of a new roping horse for my granddaughter. Brought it up from Phoenix. A really nice looking buckskin.Her passions are costing me a fortune.
1 x

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU

Re: New roping horse

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:33 pm

My first rope horse was a buckskin, and was blessed that she made it from my childhood to my daughters childhood. It sounds a whole lot cheaper than a pocket full of pills, so keep on spenidin' papa!!! Give us a few pic of the new stick when you get a chance.
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Re: New roping horse

Postby Bigfoot » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:32 am

papavillars wrote:Well we just took delivery of a new roping horse for my granddaughter. Brought it up from Phoenix. A really nice looking buckskin.Her passions are costing me a fortune.

Papa, seems like yaw got in to barrels a few years ago? IMHO, roping (of any form) is a better event. An average horse can get you a check roping. An average horse won’t get you anything in the speed events.

We started a rope horse about 3 weeks ago, and bought what is hopefully a finished horse last weekend. I got down to one rope horse. Got one limping that might come back around, but hate something that’s on again off again.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

Return to “Horse Talk!”