Clean Up Bull

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.
ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Clean Up Bull

Post by ALACOWMAN » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:42 am

Though he ain't missing any groceries ...he's still good...they can stand at a bunk all day., it won't change their genetics...you can tell when the feed goes to the right places.. :cowboy:

someone said I should follow my dreams,,so I went back to bed...

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Post by ALACOWMAN » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:02 am

Redgully wrote:Are you not concerned about his feet? Need to zoom in. To me way too fat for a working bull. Of course just my opinion.
his legs would play out before it got to his feet...

Allenw
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Post by Allenw » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:07 am

Brookhill Angus wrote:I’ll bet SAV Net Worth 4200 could still knock em out in these videos. Was he too fat?

https://youtu.be/3lHv6oy90CQ

https://youtu.be/uDqrxBR9hMA

I feel highly confident that if you put our bull in with 20 healthy heifers or cows, he would settle them all in a 60 day window, and still look like a real stud.

Breeding twenty cows shouldn't even make a four year old bull break a sweat.

Sixty days turned out on the short grass here covering cows in a bigger pasture that bull would melt like a snickers bar in the hot sun. One would definitely see what he was made of.

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Post by ALACOWMAN » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:15 am

Allenw wrote:
Brookhill Angus wrote:I’ll bet SAV Net Worth 4200 could still knock em out in these videos. Was he too fat?

I feel highly confident that if you put our bull in with 20 healthy heifers or cows, he would settle them all in a 60 day window, and still look like a real stud.

Sixty days turned out on the short grass here covering cows in a bigger pasture that bull would melt like a snickers bar in the hot sun. One would definitely see what he was made of.

I'm sure he would melt like a snowball too, if he's a breeder.. and I seen very few Angus that ain't aggressive breeders ...and you'd still reap the benefits,in the calves..

Allenw
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Post by Allenw » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:00 am

ALACOWMAN wrote:
Allenw wrote:

I'm sure he would melt like a snowball too, if he's a breeder.. and I seen very few Angus that ain't aggressive breeders ...and you'd still reap the benefits,in the calves..

He would make some good calves no doubt, I do have some questions about his foot structure from the picture and how he would stand up to having to travel rougher country.

Ky hills
GURU
GURU

Post by Ky hills » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:20 am

ALACOWMAN wrote:
Allenw wrote:

I have always liked the Net Worth bull, have seen some nice calves out of him, never wanted to use him though, the dispositions seemed to be an issue with what I saw. Seemed consistent with the sons and daughters of his sire 004 as well. 004 is said to have produced some real daughters, but from what I have seen of how they act I wouldn't want one on my place.
Been my experience too, that any Angus bull is an aggressive breeder, if he ain't then something is wrong. Most of the ones I have had will worry themselves to death if there is something in heat across from them or another bull to fight across the fence with.
20 cows in 60 days ain't asking to much for the average bull over 2 yrs old.

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Post by ALACOWMAN » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:26 am

The only problem I've had with Angus Bulls is they love too fight..I mean absolutely love it..they'll breed 20 heifers,then go beat up the neighbors bull, and breed his cows...just to rub salt in the wound..

Brookhill Angus
GURU
GURU

Post by Brookhill Angus » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:02 pm

Ky hills wrote:
ALACOWMAN wrote:
Allenw wrote:

I have always liked the Net Worth bull, have seen some nice calves out of him, never wanted to use him though, the dispositions seemed to be an issue with what I saw. Seemed consistent with the sons and daughters of his sire 004 as well. 004 is said to have produced some real daughters, but from what I have seen of how they act I wouldn't want one on my place.
Been my experience too, that any Angus bull is an aggressive breeder, if he ain't then something is wrong. Most of the ones I have had will worry themselves to death if there is something in heat across from them or another bull to fight across the fence with.
20 cows in 60 days ain't asking to much for the average bull over 2 yrs old.

My neighbor was using a Tenx son, and EXAR Denver son on about 97 cows. They were both about 18 month olds. They were not from us, but another breeder in the area. Those bulls bawled and never stopped mounting. Most everything settled in a 3 month period. The bulls looked ragged and needed reconditioned, which is expected considering they were living off grass alone, but they never lost that libido. It’s as if they wouldn’t have stopped until they dropped dead from exhaustion.

Our neighbor would sometimes let his cows/heifers graze right beside our property line, and when he did that our bull went wild. We had woven wire with hot electric on top of the fence and about mid ways up the fence. He had to be moved otherwise, he walked the fence non stop. Before we moved him he took that huge neck and mangled a bull gate, not a rough stock gate which is much heavier, but nevertheless a Priefert bull gate. He put his head down, started lifting and the gate slowly buckled. That neck on him has enormous power.

I agree with you on the Angus bull’s sex drive, it’s something to behold.
"A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally." Oscar Wilde

Brookhill Angus
GURU
GURU

Post by Brookhill Angus » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:06 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:The only problem I've had with Angus Bulls is they love too fight..I mean absolutely love it..they'll breed 20 heifers,then go beat up the neighbors bull, and breed his cows...just to rub salt in the wound..

I’ve seen exactly what you are describing in detail. Every word the truth. When our neighbors Angus bull would come close to the fence it was a throw down. Our bull would be right up within an inch of the electric ready to kick to rear, same with the neighbors bull. Very hot electric was the only thing they understood.
"A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally." Oscar Wilde

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:34 pm

Never run 2, either 1, 3, or 5 ...

Odd numbers of bulls work better.
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

Hook2.0
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Hook2.0 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:01 pm

I’m trying to figure out what the relationship between inyati and brookhill is that he feels the need to pander, create stories, and talk the bull up.
Let the bull speak for itself.
Proud to be a multiplier

sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU

Post by sim.-ang.king » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:05 pm

Hook2.0 wrote:I’m trying to figure out what the relationship between inyati and brookhill is that he feels the need to pander, create stories, and talk the bull up.
Let the bull speak for itself.

Inyati started this thread because he has a fetish for fat cows. He has yet to demonstrate if that fetish carries over to "big boned" women.
Makes one wonder...

:lol:
"While we recognize that the subject did not steal any horses he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Post by True Grit Farms » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:10 pm

Sometimes a black hide doesn't bring a premium. That's still a good looking fat black bull.
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Ebenezer
GURU
GURU

Post by Ebenezer » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:13 pm

Fat is where it's at. Obesity is beautiful. Apparently, what the American consumer wants is a steak with a small REA and a big glob of fat. :?

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:13 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:Sometimes a black hide doesn't bring a premium.

It does where I sell, a white face doesn’t hurt but I get punished on anything red be it Angus or Hereford.
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!